Notices

Headlamp Adjustment (not how but position)

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2003, 08:08 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just fitted morettes to MY01 (bugeyes gone) and want to adjust the position of the dipped beams. Doesn't look too bad but did get flashed once while out on a drive (on an up hill section). I know I'd probably be better off at an MOT test station but time, sunday etc . . . . So I was wondering, does anyone know the height the main (non-rising) part of the dipped beam at a set distance from a wall, garage door etc? Any advice on left/right adjustment much appreciated.

LoFi
Old 23 February 2003, 12:02 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

LoFi - try this method: (courtesy of Mark @ AutoLamps )

Set your correct tire pressure, and then park the car on a flat surface facing a wall, parking 25 feet away. Measure from the ground to the center of each headlamp and mark this spot on the wall. Measure the distance between the headlamps and mark this on the wall. Turn the lamps on. Center the high beam on the mark on the wall. Stand behind the car and make sure the beam is parallel to the direction of travel of the car. Check your adjustment by switching to low beam. The low beam horizontal cut-off should fall about three inches at 25 ft. below your mark on the wall for the center of the headlamps. Finally, take a test drive, as aiming is partially a matter of personal taste and vision.

Apple