Notices

Bosch Blue bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2002, 12:28 AM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought these H4s for the headlights and I'd say that they are very good cosmetically...nice blue twang to headlight.

Only thing is they have a very sharp cut off point which is about 30meters - seems a bit short. Do you reckon I've screwed some setting up while replacing the bulbs?
Old 23 December 2002, 02:54 PM
Gregster
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Don't think you could have messed any settings up unless you were very heavy handed when changing the bulbs. Word of warning on the Bosch bulbs - I used to run them but found that they were very prone to blowing extremely quickly. If you really like them then keep a spare in the car!!
Old 25 December 2002, 07:43 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I guess I could prolong the life by only switching the lights on when need? Usually I leave them on most of the time so I dont forget to switch them off!

PS - the light from these is much 'whiter' than from the Ring Ice Blues that I had
Old 27 December 2002, 07:48 AM
Gregster
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

Hello again, which model do you drive? I have the current Impreza WRX UK with the Morette conversion, these have projector lamps for the main dipped beam. These are H7 bulbs behind them but because of the projector glass in front give the prism flare you are looking for (mainly a purple tinge on these yet they are not HID) I just put a set of Philips Vision plus' H7s in the other day and tried them out the other night. They are excellent - a bit brighter with even better light on the road. I've tried just about every coloured/performance bulb out there and rate these the best so far. I agree the Ring Ice blue didn't seem very white or very blue! The old Ring Elektra blue bulbs were better giving a very white light. If you are after the HID tinge effect you need the projectors really, coloured bulbs are either not really coloured or completely coloured all the time instead of tinging. If you want really blue then the Ring Sportz blue are what you want, but be warned these are 100W and may affect your loom or headlamp covers and aren't road legal.