Notices

Headlight mods for europe

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2002, 02:10 PM
zax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm about to take my scooby over to Europe for an extended period of time. Don't think the black stickers that came with my headlight protectors will last too long, so what's the best way to get the lights realigned properly? Can they be adjusted or do I need replacements? Car is my00 with standard headlights.

Cheers!
Old 04 July 2002, 05:31 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

You can do it yourself with black "electrician's" tape, or buy clear "beam deflectors".
The tape is cheaper, and I've never had any come off but you do lose a little light.
Beam deflectors are dearer.
If you want to do it with tape, look at the light from thr front, and cut, and stick, strips of tape over the roughly triangular section of the light, to the left of centre as you're looking at it, and roughly from 9pm to 7pm if it were a clock face.
Do one, face it against a garage door/ wall etc, put the lights on and check that the "tongue" of light that projects at top left on the wall is cut off on the one you did (That's the bit that p*sses off the foreign drivers). If you did it right, switch off and do the other one.
If it's not quite right, a bit of trial and error will soon get it done.
Hope this helps. the job is 2 mins on the'98 model as it doesn't have the clear headlights, so you can see exactly where to put the tape.
Cheers mate, happy foreign travel.
Old 04 July 2002, 09:04 PM
zax
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that, I may have a go with the tape. I use headlight protectors which came with black sticky masking and fitting templates, so "going euro" would simply mean putting the protectors on when abroad and taking them off at home. But where the hell did I put them?

Just don't want to be re-taping constantly since I'll be away for the best part of a year
Old 04 July 2002, 09:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Wish I could go abroad for a year with my scooby.........Oh and Britney.
Where do you live btw?
Signed, Burglar Bill.
Old 05 July 2002, 07:32 AM
zax
Scooby Regular

Head for Scandinavia - plenty of local Britneys As for burglar bill, sorry mate but everything worth taking is coming with me and I'm selling up so there's nothing left for you to rob!