Iffy Immobiliser Issues. ‘07 R Sport

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2021, 10:04 AM
Greg0r
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iffy Immobiliser Issues. ‘07 R Sport

Hi Guys,

Would like to preface this, with I have tried my best to find similar threads on the forum. If this is a repeat, I am sorry

Posting today to ask a question about my Impreza R Sport I just bought. It’s an 07 model and I love it. Although, there is a niggle I have with the immobiliser.

Whenever I unlock the car, I need to immediately stick the key in the ignition and start it, or the car will not start.

I am pretty sure it’s an immobiliser issue. Although I would appreciate advice on this matter.

I was under the impression the key itself was supposed to have a chip in it to deactivate the immobiliser when plugged in, so have I bought one which has a cloned key?

I know about the wee keypad under the steering wheel. Can that be used to extend the period of time I get to unlock the car? I dislike feeling like I am at the Le Mans.

TLDR - Car with short immobiliser time, anyway to extend that, or do I not have a genuine key?

thanks in advance, and I appreciate any help given

Gregor
Old 22 July 2021, 03:05 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Sounds like you have the Sigma alarm. Do you have the keypad on the driver's side if so then I'm sure you can change the internal time before you're locked out.
Old 22 July 2021, 06:44 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Just to give you the info on what is fitted to your car..

You have an OEM immobiliser that is "controlled" by the key's transponder chip (red key symbol on dash which goes out when key inserted in the ignition).
You also have a Subaru UK "added" Sigma alarm system that is both an alarm and has an additional immobiliser.
The alarm has a built in Stall & Start Time (in seconds) Period from disarming the alarm and/or immobiliser, or from turning the ignition “off”
to passive immobilisation occurring, default setting being 30 seconds.
If passive immobilisation has cut in and the car fails to start, just leave the key in the "ignition" position, press the button on the key and then start the engine.

From the Alarm users manual....
Vehicle will not start - Has the automatic immobilisation set? - With the ignition ON press the radio transmitter button once - dashboard LED will
flash - start vehicle.

Old 25 July 2021, 08:21 PM
Greg0r
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Just to give you the info on what is fitted to your car..

You have an OEM immobiliser that is "controlled" by the key's transponder chip (red key symbol on dash which goes out when key inserted in the ignition).
You also have a Subaru UK "added" Sigma alarm system that is both an alarm and has an additional immobiliser.
The alarm has a built in Stall & Start Time (in seconds) Period from disarming the alarm and/or immobiliser, or from turning the ignition “off”
to passive immobilisation occurring, default setting being 30 seconds.
If passive immobilisation has cut in and the car fails to start, just leave the key in the "ignition" position, press the button on the key and then start the engine.

From the Alarm users manual....
Vehicle will not start - Has the automatic immobilisation set? - With the ignition ON press the radio transmitter button once - dashboard LED will
flash - start vehicle.

That’s very interesting to hear! Thank you for the input. Solved my issue.