HORN WIRING COLOUR and HEATED MIRROR WIRES

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2020, 09:55 PM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HORN WIRING COLOUR and HEATED MIRROR WIRES

Hi
I'll start again, yes I made a mistake its DON NOT DOM I do apologise for the mistake
Please can someone tell me if the horn wire red/green or vice versa, if so do they conect together from the clockspring connector to the wiring loom connector.
Also
My car is jdm,but I dont think are heated mirrors, but I've bought some mirrors that are heated and the wires connected to heated pad are purple, will the wiring loom have theses wires?
Thanks
Old 27 June 2020, 09:19 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Assuming a
"54 JDM"
mentioned in an earlier thread is a revision E (blobeye) model.

A couple of caveats
JDM's can have different wiring colour schemes to UK/European cars. They also had canbus a lot earlier with body integrated units that take over the control of certain circuits.
When looking at the wiring, the colours only mean anything upto where the loom plugs into a component. So the colour of the internal wires within, for example, a mirror, may have no bearing to those on the loom side of the plug/socket. Only the pinout positions of plug /socket are relevant.
AFAIK noboody on here (who's admitting to it) has actually seen any genuine JDM wiring diagrams, so use UK/European/US as guidance but not guaranteed as correct.

According to a UK MY05 manual the horn "loom" wire from the horn relay is red with a green stripe upto connector B68 the roll connector. B68 is a Black 5 pin connector shown on the diagram below. Wire colours on the roll connector side of the plug/socket may not match.
The Horn wiring uses pin 1 of this plug.

As for the mirrors, if they are heated they will have an 8 pin connector or non-heated, a 6pin connector where the mirror assembly connects into the door loom.
The wire colours used in the loom for the mirror heating circuit (if there) upto door loom connectors D5 and D15 are Blue(L) and Black(B), on the mirror assembly side of the plug/socket ?? and use pins 1 and 4 of the 8 pin connector.

Last edited by Don Clark; 27 June 2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 29 June 2020, 07:00 AM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Thanks don
my blob 54 jdm did have a black conector,but some body threw it out bymistake,I so bought a forester s9 roll conector which has a white conector and has starring wheel controls,
the conector on the loom is black with 1 wire which is red/green stripe . There' a same wire on my white new roll conector which I thought matched up to the 1 wire on my loom conector.
thanks
Old 29 June 2020, 07:51 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Forester roll connector will probably have an 8 pin clear/white connector for cruise control and horn

Old 29 June 2020, 06:41 PM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

So what would you say,about conneting back to my single r/g wire, to the roll conector.??
Old 29 June 2020, 07:40 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza77
So what would you say,about conneting back to my single r/g wire, to the roll conector.??
test it with a multimeter
You know what wire arrives at the steering column side of roll connector, check out the steering wheel side and connect accordingly.
Also, there appears, from the parts database, to be for both Forester and WRX STI a common "horn cord" on the steering wheel side of things.
81870AG041

so that should make things easier.

STI

Forester

Old 29 June 2020, 08:34 PM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Thankyou for your help