Notices

Need Help - Fuel Pump Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2020, 03:48 PM
Ripper_Inez
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help - Fuel Pump Control Module

Good day. I am looking for a Fuel Pump Control Module for my 2007 Subaru Impreza STI, 2.0L, JDM.

The module currently in the vehicle has the following information on it: 22648AA011 | 104993-0271. When I search online however, that part number appears to be linked to the 02-05 model. I am unsure if the one currently in the vehicle is the OEM module or if the previous owner had changed it. Online searches for the 07 module seemed to have the part number: 22750AA010.

I have to order a module but don't want to order the incorrect one as I live quite far from the USA. I have been researching this for weeks but found nothing conclusive so far. Are certain modules interchangeable? Is there a disadvantage to using the incorrect module? What is actually the correct module for my vehicle? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 🙏.
Old 24 May 2020, 06:47 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

I hope all is well in Barbados at this tme.
It is the correct part number.

You seem to be using the preconception that JDM's use the same parts as on US models - not always the case.
The 2.0L US models, as you have found, use the same JDM version, the later 2.5L versions do not.
https://parts.subaru.com/p/49232498/22648AA011.html

Just to show how confusing it can be, in the Uk/Europe the 2.0L turbo models and the 2.5L STI use the 22648 part whereas the 2.5L WRX uses the 22750 part.

Last edited by Don Clark; 24 May 2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 24 May 2020, 10:40 PM
Ripper_Inez
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things in Barbados are good, all things considered.

Many thanks for the clarity; it was indeed confusing but I have a clear understanding now.

I had gotten a check engine light for Fuel Pump Primary Circuit. The electrician narrowed it down to the Fuel Pump Control Module. The car was still driving but drove with many of the symptoms of a failing module: rough idle at start up and missing/hesitation at low RPMs. Also, at ignition the fuel pump would keep priming as opposed to cutting out after a few seconds.

The electrician was trying a bypass with a relay but this has been over 4 weeks now and no success in getting it to function efficiently. I noted he spliced into the harness just before the plug for the control module and had the relay wired in there but truly, I've lost confidence that he can get this solved. Now I have confirmation of the model number, I'll attempt to source one online. Most places I came across (other than Ebay) the item was not in stock.

Thanks again Don.