Notices

Washers not working on 1999

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2019, 11:51 AM
Eeglis
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Washers not working on 1999

Hi, I have a 1999 GT 2.0 and the windscreen washers are not working. When I press the button, nothing happens. Wipers are not moving and I can't hear pumps. I have a bit of washing fluid in the reservoir. Wipers on their own do work, not perfectly as they do have some minor play occasionally, but they do their job. I am suspecting that the fault might be in the button and it's wiring, but I don't know how I would fix that. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Does anyone know how I could fix this?

If I'm not mistaken, the issue is not:
The fuse, as wipers themselves are in the same fuse as washers. So by pressing the washer button at least the wipers should move.
The pump (not sure about this, but once again, if the wipers would move, then it'd probably be the pump)
Old 23 November 2019, 03:34 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

[QUOTE=Eeglis;12066683]Hi, I have a 1999 GT 2.0 and the windscreen washers are not working. When I press the button, nothing happens. Wipers are not moving and I can't hear pumps. I have a bit of washing fluid in the reservoir. Wipers on their own do work, not perfectly as they do have some minor play occasionally, but they do their job. I am suspecting that the fault might be in the button and it's wiring, but I don't know how I would fix that. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Does anyone know how I could fix this?

If I'm not mistaken, the issue is not:
The fuse, as wipers themselves are in the same fuse as washers. So by pressing the washer button at least the wipers should move.
The pump (not sure about this, but once again, if the wipers would move, then it'd probably be the pump)[/QUOTE]

Welcome. Wish I knew the answer! :: does your rear washer work (off the same fuse as the front)
Old 23 November 2019, 07:26 PM
Eeglis
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, thank you! I don't have a rear washer, so no. If I understood correctly, the wipers and washers are in the same fuse, and my wipers do work, just not when trying to wash my windscreen.

Also irrelevant to the topic. For some reason your reply was corrupted. Looks like this:

Old 23 November 2019, 09:11 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Eeglis;12066716]Hi, thank you! I don't have a rear washer, so no. If I understood correctly, the wipers and washers are in the same fuse, and my wipers do work, just not when trying to wash my windscreen.

Also irrelevant to the topic. For some reason your reply was corrupted. Looks like this:
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.scoobynet.com-vbulletin/2000x401/image_3c9229e25e3ef6fee0ef2315dfd59b23a83b64f9.png[/QUOTE]

Yep -- there seems to be a 'bug' on the forum when someone replies with a 'Quote' ( I replied to you using IE!! - this reply is using M/S EDGE..).

Could you problem with the washer be something simply - like a blocked tube ??
Old 23 November 2019, 09:56 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

looking at the wiring diagram the pump motor and washer are separate, same fuse, but controlled by the front washer/wiper switch. your own diagnosis is correct (switch or wiring), just got to find it...….
Old 24 November 2019, 11:26 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Can you not rig up a test lead and test the pumps, if the pumps work then you know you are looking for a fuse/electrical issue.