Notices

Interior switch lights Help to confirm please

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2018, 04:44 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Interior switch lights Help to confirm please

Ok folks. Please add to this to complete a definitive guide.

I just got some little bulbs to replace the dead one in my DCCD Auto/Manual switch.

Got the switch done, plus the spare I'm using for a heated front window switch. once you have them, a steady hand and sympathy with levering switches apart, it's a doddle.

On my car, the rear fog has illumination with side lights but no on indication (on the dash).
Front fog light on mine has no illumination but does have an ON indication. It should have and I will replace this bulb.
Intercooler spray has no illumination but should. Again one to replace.
A reasonable afternoon's tinkering awaits.

A look at the wiring diagram proved that there should be working bulbs, but clearly they don't last. Only the AUTO element on my driver's door and the rear fog light were still working when I bought the car, and I've had it 8 years now. Doh....

Anyway I can confirm it's a relatively easy job. just be careful when you prise the switches apart!

Part's required are a pack of 360-7913 from RS components.

Happy me!

Last edited by Markyscoob; 13 November 2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 13 November 2018, 06:35 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Mark, the trouble is the list varies from model to model, year to year and JDM to EDM.
Some have variable illumination some don't and this determines what is actually illuminated.
For switch illumination (not "on" indicator) the "easiest" diagram to look at is the illumination and clearance diagrams
These below are specific to the EDM MY06/07 STI model (RHD) (KA refers to ADM model)

Old 13 November 2018, 08:25 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Don. i have those, which is how I determined my own car's faults. Incidentally, I have now three DCCD Manual/Auto switches sat here and all had duff bulbs in them. Of my other three switches, only two bulbs from 5 remain serviceable. Seems to definitely be a weak point on Subarus.