Notices

Prodrive Headlight Help

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2014, 06:12 AM
Miztera
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Headlight Help

So the bug I have has these lights, the general lighting is terrible at night which from day one I knew I would need to sort. The other night noticed I also had a problem with the lights

Need to know some more info about them:
- What bulbs do they take
- I know there are 2 bulbs in the B + C lights (dipped and high beam im pressuming) but what bulb/s go in the A + D lights and what exactly are these ? Right now my A + D lights produce for more light than B + C when not on full beam.
- On the top of one of the light housing where it meets with the seal and bonnet I have what looks like some film detaching, Im not sure if they come standard with some kind of protective cover or not, might have to go down the repaint route with them. As when its wet where the film is detaching it gives it a purpleish look rather than black
- I also just started having this problem in the last few days described below

I also have this problem, 2 turns of light stalk and A, B and C light up, D appears to be dead. Put full beams on and A then appears dead while B,C and D light up?? Do I have faulty wiring with this or do they take 2 bulbs also and I have a dead bulb in each ?

Im just bloody confused, just would like to know what bulbs go in each and if there is 2 bulbs in A and D like there are in B and C?

Im thinking about ordering some higher performance bulbs all round so want to know if its h7 or h4's I need and how many and what bulbs and how many go in the A + D light, and paying someone to pull them off and give them a right good polish up or attempt it myself (I will likely make a mess of them) trying to get them to a decent standard instead of buying new lights as right now driving on dark roads is not fun at all.

I seen the refurb guide someone posted where he appeared to clean up the A and D lights, then someone mentioned putting B and C in the oven to split them, does this mean that B and C are not as easy to polish up/get access to?

Need some best/cost effective route at getting some nicely lit roads when Im unable to go full beam.

Also if I went for an hid kit in the dipped B and C slots what other parts if any would I need to make them work properly. Or do the HID go in the A and D slots? Yep confused.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	BSL3K3L.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	74295

Last edited by Miztera; 28 October 2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 28 October 2014, 12:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds like a wiring fault.

ARE they genuine Prodrive? What brand name is on the actual light units?
Old 28 October 2014, 08:14 PM
Miztera
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Sounds like a wiring fault.

ARE they genuine Prodrive? What brand name is on the actual light units?

Im not sure yet, Im pretty sure they are genuine prodrives as the have the hella lenses

So do the outside lights A and D only have one bulb in them?
Old 28 October 2014, 08:49 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A+D are dipped beam and B+C are main beam! All lamps only have one bulb in iirc, I would imagine the dips will be H1 and the mains H7, please check before ordering though

It sounds like a wiring fault to me. As it sounds like you're not really up on electrics (no offence intended) may I suggest you pop along to someone who is, they'll have it sorted in no time
Old 29 October 2014, 02:24 AM
Miztera
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLU
A+D are dipped beam and B+C are main beam! All lamps only have one bulb in iirc, I would imagine the dips will be H1 and the mains H7, please check before ordering though

It sounds like a wiring fault to me. As it sounds like you're not really up on electrics (no offence intended) may I suggest you pop along to someone who is, they'll have it sorted in no time

Yeh I think auto spark will be a good idea, so if I were to buy an hid kit for the dipped lights they go into A and D right as these are projectors?

Anyone know what kind of hid kit I need?

And if you look at B and C they appear to have 2 x bulbs in each lamp, one at the bottom and one in the centre of the lamp?

Last edited by Miztera; 29 October 2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 29 October 2014, 11:31 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Centre lamps will have the main beam bulb (centre) and a sidelight bulb (smaller and towards the bottom) As for hid kit it depends on what the bulb is! I'd suggest a decent set of bulbs over one of those tbh!