Notices

Alarm / Immobiliser problem

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2014, 07:10 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alarm / Immobiliser problem

Went to start the car this morning and found the doors unlocked, no red flashing LED on the dash and no response from pressing the button on the keyfob (main or spare, both with batteries less than 6 months old) - alarm won't arm/disarm and I can't deactivate the immobiliser and start the car. The usual 'turn ignition to on position and press button on fob' does nothing.

I have the code for the keypad, I've used it in the past to reprogram the fobs, but the keypad doesn't seem to respond anymore - there is an LED on that which I think is supposed to flash when you press one of the number keys, but it doesn't.

Car battery seems fine, I can trigger the alarm siren by pulling the cabin fuse and reinserting it (which I guess is the voltage drop detection?) and all other fuses are intact.

I'm completely stumped now... help!!

it's a 2001 bugeye with the standard Sigma alarm
Old 06 August 2014, 04:01 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update for anyone with the same issue who finds this while searching for answers...

There is a 15a fuse under the drivers side dash, tucked out of the way in a little fuse holder - check that hasn't blown. If it has, thats your problem. If it hasn't, the alarm is toast and you need a new one - advice direct from Scorpion tech support (who now own Sigma)

Unfortunately mine was toast and the only option is to call out an auto electrician to bypass it so the car will start, then get a new system fitted