Notices

alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2014, 09:37 AM
peterwolds
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm problem

guess the wrx has a standard alarm (sigma).
booked in a garage for oil change this morning was taking the cover off the car with the key fob in pocket leant against the car set the alarm off. Had to hold button down for several seconds to stop it screaming at 6.45 this morning ( no doubt pleased neighbours ) , tried again sat in car engine wouldn't start so pressed alarm button off she screamed again held down for a while to stop. Got out tried - same problem got spare key out the house thinking I had damaged alarm button same problem again. searched on here mentions changing code - am clueless what to do. Any help much appreciated
Old 10 July 2014, 09:16 PM
cobyjim
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterwolds
guess the wrx has a standard alarm (sigma).
booked in a garage for oil change this morning was taking the cover off the car with the key fob in pocket leant against the car set the alarm off. Had to hold button down for several seconds to stop it screaming at 6.45 this morning ( no doubt pleased neighbours ) , tried again sat in car engine wouldn't start so pressed alarm button off she screamed again held down for a while to stop. Got out tried - same problem got spare key out the house thinking I had damaged alarm button same problem again. searched on here mentions changing code - am clueless what to do. Any help much appreciated
Hi mate, I had similar problem with my wrx blobeye. Turned out to be a flat battery. Alarm would not stop. could not start car. Changed fob battery and no joy. so disconnected battery and charged over night and hey presto she started. Lasted a few weeks but happened again and turned out to be my alternator on the way out.
Old 11 July 2014, 05:56 AM
peterwolds
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobyjim
Hi mate, I had similar problem with my wrx blobeye. Turned out to be a flat battery. Alarm would not stop. could not start car. Changed fob battery and no joy. so disconnected battery and charged over night and hey presto she started. Lasted a few weeks but happened again and turned out to be my alternator on the way out.
Cheers battery was weak got new one on plus battery for fob - sorted