scubbay

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2011, 08:55 AM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scubbay

Hey I & NI fellas,hellow from Slovenia.

I am having some problems with one of your members that sits under nick name scubbay.

Here is route of all things:topic

Laetely he decided that best thing to do is to ignore me,not replaying via mail,pm nor on forum which i find not to pleasant.

Why i am posting here i dont know,maybe was hoping if any one can lent some common sence to Steven.

.....any help,ideas are welcome

Thanks all

Matija

.....or yes pardon my spelling,still learning English
Old 21 April 2011, 11:14 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly who were you dealing with?

I only know one person that posts under the name of scubbay, and I know that he would not rip anyone off, and is certainly not a scammer.
Old 21 April 2011, 12:04 PM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

I believe his the one you are thinking off and i did check all his posts and market record.....looks clean,but i did get ****ty turbo from his hands.

.....maybe crossed to teh dark side?

All i want from him is that we work our way out of this mess,something did went wrong and from the looks of it i am screwed
Old 21 April 2011, 05:24 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Surely you didn't deal with "scubbay"
Did you send money to "scubbay", or was there an actual real name involved at some point in the transaction.
Old 21 April 2011, 06:03 PM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Name is Stefan Murray.
Old 21 April 2011, 06:04 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Exactly who were you dealing with?

I only know one person that posts under the name of scubbay, and I know that he would not rip anyone off, and is certainly not a scammer.

Agreed.
Old 21 April 2011, 06:41 PM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Yes but turbo that i got says other wise,unfortunally
Old 21 April 2011, 07:42 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Stefan is Scubbays (Paul's) son and is a decent young bloke. He is away from home at the moment and may not have his usual access to a pc. give him time.
Old 21 April 2011, 10:42 PM
big-kev
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

have to agree WITH ALL OF THE BOVE !!!! Paul and his son are both FIRST CLASS PEOPLE who i know AND TRUST And have NEVER IN THE CICRLES OF THE FLAT FOUR ENGINE HEARD A BAD WORD SPOKEN ABOUT THEM !!!!!
Old 21 April 2011, 11:08 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

I feel I have to comment just to clarify. The turbo in question was removed from Brocagh Johns STI by Sean @ SMD for no fault other to upgrade before a remap. Im sure John can confirm it was boosting solidly and Sean can confirm its condition. The turbo photographed is not the unit that was sent. I refuse to be scammed or hounded into a refund. As stated in the sale thread imo the matter is closed. Its a straight choice between my trusted mechanic, a friend, and my own eyes over the word of someone I've never met, pretty much a no brainer.
Old 22 April 2011, 07:50 AM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Yes turbo might been boosting solidly and might have been checked for cracks but compresor wheel just isnt in mint condition,sorry but it just isnt.

You just might ovwrlooked it thats all.

Please return founds so i can move forvard to next turbo.

Best regards,

Matija
Old 22 April 2011, 10:09 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

I think you're pulling a fast one big lad
Old 22 April 2011, 10:27 AM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
I think you're pulling a fast one big lad
Sorry can you rephrase please....i am not that good in english.

Scubbay are you willing to appologies for calling me a scammer if i file legal claim at local cort house?In this way i think i show how honest i am about this situation.

Wouldnt you all agree that "scammer" wouldnt go that far.

Scubbay please pm me your full details.....i think i dont have your adress.

I am trying to awoid this but you are leaving me no other option.

Best regards,

Matija
Old 22 April 2011, 10:41 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beliblisk
Sorry can you rephrase please....i am not that good in english.
Pravi, da se potrudiš, da nelojalnim o stanju turbopolnilnika in vaše angleški je boljši od mojega slovenščina

Last edited by bigsinky; 22 April 2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 22 April 2011, 10:55 AM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
Pravi, da se potrudiš, da nelojalnim o stanju turbopolnilnika in vaše angleški je boljši od mojega slovenščina

Wow.lol and thanks.

So what he is saying is that i am dishonest about the turbo condition,same as Scubbay claims?

Well i wanna change your oppinion but like i said i am running out of options.I am just a decent guy that wanna upgrade a bit his impreza,just like the rest of you.

The fact that i was called scammer hurts me even more than actualy loosing 300 pound.......not that i wouldnt wanna have them back but,lol.

Just for info 300 pounds for me regarding our living standard here is like 600-800 pounds for you so you can imagine damage i have suffered.
Old 22 April 2011, 01:32 PM
strumf666
Scooby Regular

Beliblisk is a fellow of mine and he is not a cheat but an honest guy (I can write in large red bold font if that would make it more so).
Scubbay you are apparently using you ratings to scam him off or cover for your mechanic and/or the previous owner of the turbo. Not posting any pics of the turbo and convincing Beliblisk to pay you as a gift (which eliminates the possibility of making a claim) says something too.
Old 22 April 2011, 08:46 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Saunter on fella - you will get no support here against either Stefan or Paul on this (or any other part) of the forum. Both as straight as the day is long.
Old 22 April 2011, 09:34 PM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Yeah i have been hearing same story for few days now and i do believe they are ok.

But errors do happen......one forgot to check compressor wheel,thats all.

Scubby one more solutin came to my mind.Since this turbo is no good to any one might you be willing to buy me repair kit (probably whole cartige can be found) and ill be on my way?

Best regards,

Matija

...enjoy the weekend scooby fans
Old 22 April 2011, 10:58 PM
waynesworld
Scooby Regular

Sorry to read your faults my friend. I dont think your trying to scam him but I also dont think you can do anything about it due to the way you payed for it and that you have little info on the purchaser.
Maybe you should just put it down to experience.
Good luck mate.
Old 23 April 2011, 07:48 AM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Well it seems they are decent folks and i am sure they will fix the error that occoured

...yeah expecience learned hard way
Old 24 April 2011, 08:50 AM
waynesworld
Scooby Regular

Can I just say publically here that I was not taking sides with either party in this dispute but added my say in that I didnt think the purchaser could really do anything about this problem he has. I did not add any weight to his argument nor did I say anything about scubbay as I have never bought anything from him so I am not in a place to coment. I was not judging scubbay or anybody for that matter and only added a post on a public forum.
I hope this clears up any thoughts that I am "judging" scubbay or trying to add weight to any problems this purchaser has. Obviously I shouldnt have added my say but I honestly didnt think I was getting at anybody or as ive been told "Judging".

Wayne.
Old 24 April 2011, 01:02 PM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Yes i unfortunally agree that all power is in sellers hands.
Old 24 April 2011, 01:16 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

@wayne

did someone say something to you?
Old 24 April 2011, 05:56 PM
waynesworld
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
@wayne

did someone say something to you?

Yes mate, but Im saying nothing more.
Old 24 April 2011, 07:10 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Knowing scubbay and SMD i really cant see then sending that turbo. As in of course they would have checked it. From them to say quite clearly thats not the unit they sent id be inclined to believe them.

Also asking for sonething to be sent as gift on paypal has got to do with getting all the money the seller agreed to and not suffer loss in fee,s. Nothing do bout a claim. And regards sending outside irl or uk id want to be paid as gift also. As a possible scamme could turn a situation around such as this. But dont mean buyer is doing this. I wasnt there when turbo removed.
Old 24 April 2011, 10:19 PM
Unikat
Scooby Regular

When I read that kind of situations, I get really concerned about online shopping and paying...
Anyway,
I know beliblisk from our small group of Impreza drivers and he is friend of mine. I am not posting this to judge anyone, but when reading all this, some thoughts crossed my mind which I would like to state... I know how much money and effort he put into his ex Legacy and how much he is spending right now for fixing, modding his new purchase - GT (classic), and it is about a LOT of money. From this aspect, scamming a guy with 30+ positive feedbacks, good reputation and 2000 posts for 300gbp would be epic hilarious.
I also believe that someone who would like to scam, wouldn't pay as a gift.

Scubbay seems to be a decent man regarding to his reputation here, friends, feedbacks, his posts... I mean, I would buy from him as beliblisk did, without a doubt. But some questions raises to me; Is he the one who packaged and sent this item, did he or mechanic really inspected compressor wheel, did they forgot to look at it more closely, there was no pics taken before.......

Anyway, I hope you two will sort this out with some reasonable agreement.

P.S
Video taping while opening packages doesn't really seems to be a bad idea ! To prevent that kind of situations.
Old 26 April 2011, 07:18 AM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Now i am really dissapointed even the SN and Si forum crew let me down.

SN deleted my post cause scubbay though i accused him of grand theft auto

SI closed my topic in witch i was gathering info(i didnt even get pm reply from admin,lol)

Scubby can pull a lot of strings....apparently

Please return my found.
Old 26 April 2011, 08:54 AM
Mark-Jones
Scooby Regular

Iv never met either of you. But as far as the pay as a gift issue on paypal. I fully agree with it as I have paid lots of people this way and have been paid this way also. Paypal takes enough fees of you any way without giving them any more.

And you are saying you weren't given any pictures when you brought it. Well I wouldn't of bought anything with out seeing pictures. Especially not for £300. I'm sure if you had of asked for pictures scubbay would have been willing to give you some. and if he wouldn't then maybe you should have thought twice?
Old 26 April 2011, 09:06 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark-Jones
Iv never met either of you. But as far as the pay as a gift issue on paypal. I fully agree with it as I have paid lots of people this way and have been paid this way also. Paypal takes enough fees of you any way without giving them any more.

And you are saying you weren't given any pictures when you brought it. Well I wouldn't of bought anything with out seeing pictures. Especially not for £300. I'm sure if you had of asked for pictures scubbay would have been willing to give you some. and if he wouldn't then maybe you should have thought twice?

Exactly, the fees on this transaction would have been over a tenner, when I was already posting this inclusive of my original price it was too much of a hit on the price. I used a fully tracked DHL service, I could have used cheaper but didnt because I didnt want to have a "I never received the turbo" situation. Instead I am faced with a guy who is trying to convince me that I sent him a busted turbo despite the fact I would have nothing to gain from that as everyone knows it would turn into a saga, like this has despite me sending a perfect turbo. There were no pictures taken because at the time I posted the thread I wasnt at home, I didnt take any pics because nobody, including the guy complaining asked for them.

Like I have said earlier and will repeat. The turbo I sent to you was perfect and 2 people can back this up. On top of that how many people do you need to post on this thread to know that I would not scam anybody.
Old 26 April 2011, 09:16 AM
Mark-Jones
Scooby Regular

Just had another read through and you say that it may have been boosting fine? I'm not turbo expert but that would not be boosting fine.

And if I posted an advert on here and some one bought before I had taken pictures and didn't ask for any I wouldn't take any either as I would just think it's one less thing I've got to do.