Notices

Thread deleted.

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2002, 09:30 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Deleted a thread in here at request of Webmaster (by phone) due to threatened legal action agaiinst Scoobynet.
Old 26 January 2002, 01:43 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

That must have been my thread about how the ISDC has treated me. I am sorry if it caused scoobynet any hassle.
I had a disclaimer on it saying it was my view not scoobynet and to contact me if there was any problems with it..
No one from the ISDC has contacted me about legal action and to be honest I would have no problem as I kept all my emails from the ISDC and I just gave the facts.
If anyone on the board wants to see the post and judge for themselves then send me an email with "send me the post" in the subject and I will forward it on...
David@enaghlough.freeserve.co.uk
Again I am very sorry to SBD if it caused him hassle.

NOT surprised
David L
Old 26 January 2002, 05:41 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I just like to add that the ISDC has banned me from their board for speaking the truth. Unbelievable..

David L
Old 26 January 2002, 08:32 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

I would like to add that the ISDC has decided to ban you from the board due to your disregard to our request to meet with you and discuss the matter in PRIVATE rather than on a public forum.

My advice is to stop using the ISDC name in your posting and stop involving Scoobynet as it has nothing to do with them. But it's up to you. You have been mailed privately by the Chairperson regardsing the matter. I now consider public discussion of the matter closed!

Regards,

Paul.

Old 28 January 2002, 07:55 AM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can we let this one lie now lads please ?
I dont think that this board is an apt place to discuss this
Thanks
Niall

[Edited by NAF - 1/28/2002 8:04:35 AM]
Old 01 February 2002, 07:30 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

I have decided not to post on Scoobynet about the ISDC. I don't want it to be threaten with legal action again and run the risk of scoobynet shutting down. Which was one of the reasons the first webmaster gave it up. I would like to thank all those people who send me messages of support. I am no longer a member of the ISDC as my membership expired at the start of February.
Paul I think you have your wires crossed. I didn't read the letter inviting me to a committee meeting (which I didn't see the point in driving a few hours to as I am no longer a member now) until after I was banned from the ISDC forum. The email was sent at 14.06 on sat the day after I put up the post. I checked my mail at 17.50 which was 9 minutes AFTER I posted on scoobynet at 17.41 that I was banned from the ISDC forum. The email didn't say any thing about having to reply quickly or I will be banned from the ISDC forum. I still have the email if you want to see it.

NAF I think you should lock this thread as me and Paul have had our say and to contuine on might cause legal action against Scoobynet. If you lock it and only allow people to view but not post this will prevent anyone starting it up again..

David L