Notices

I wrote off my car

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2008, 07:40 PM
scooby_girlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I wrote off my car

I was driving home from work and came to a corner I didn't know and made the mistake of lifting my foot off the accelerator. Car lost traction and I knew I was gonna crash. I don't remember a huge amount but basically the car flipped a few times, smashed into a electricity pole and landed on its roof in a ditch.

I was only knocked out for a few mins but I was trapped upside down being held in by my seatbelt and in a heck of a lot of pain. Police closed off a road and I had to be cut out of car by fire brigade and paramedics. Was taken to hospital but all that's wrong with me was cuts and bruises and possibly a broken wrist.

To top it all off I was in car alone and Neil was the other side of Belfast when he got a frantic phonecall from the police saying my car was upside down and I was trapped but they wouldn't tell him how I was so he thought I was dead.

He tried to make it to the crash site but ended up stuck in traffic and couldn't get to me. I'd refused to be taken to hospital until he got there cause the only person I wanted with me was him. But the police phoned him again and he said he'd go straight to hospital and meet us there. They took me to the Royal and he was there to meet me and it was only then I stopped panicking.

Ater a ton of xrays they let me get off the spinal board and I said I wanted to go, so they let Neil bring me home.

Turns out I'd hit a mains electricity pole and brought down the electric in the area and the road was closed for hours.

We went up to see the car last night but they wouldn't let us see it so we went up again today and took pictures. When I spoke to police they couldn't believe I'd basically walked away from a crash that should have been fatal with just a few cuts and scrapes.

So the moral of the story is always wear your seatbelt cause if I hadn't been wearing mine I'd have been killed!

Car before:

the car now

Last edited by scooby_girlie; 31 January 2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 30 January 2008, 07:49 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Lucky girl,could have been alot worse.
Old 30 January 2008, 07:52 PM
scooby_girlie
Scooby Regular

i know i'm just gutted bout the car. i loved that car
Old 30 January 2008, 07:56 PM
mr.sheen
Scooby Regular

holy **** there,s always a pole in the way.
glad ur still here to tell the tale.

the car can be replaced!
Old 30 January 2008, 08:04 PM
j16jrf
Scooby Regular

**** one, but at least your ok

cars are just metal and can be easily replaced
Old 30 January 2008, 08:45 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that lisa glad you are ok though as said metal can be replaced you cant, is that another therapy session i have to give you now for the truma?
Old 30 January 2008, 09:19 PM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

holy **** sorry to hear that im sure ur gutted

but at lest ur ok
Old 30 January 2008, 09:26 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

i honestley feel for ya, i love mine like a child and i no that no matter what anyone says it prob wont make ya feel betta but ul get another one and love it just the same, when i sold my last car to buy my scob i was sick for a whole week, glad u got someone to help u fru it - geoffo.
Old 30 January 2008, 09:28 PM
ye ha
Scooby Regular

you where lucky to get out with so few injurys the car looks a real mess .the main thing is your ok the car can be replaced
Old 30 January 2008, 09:42 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Nasty looking, at least you're ok that's the important thing, to you and your family.
Old 30 January 2008, 10:18 PM
Andy '00
Scooby Regular

HOLY ****

Very fortunate!!!, im sure that was an awful experience, Id need a bloody stiff drink and big smoke (if i smoked!!)

God Lisa, its only a car at the end of the day (Buy a 3 door next lol)

Hope you are on the mend and keep yor chin up!!
Old 30 January 2008, 10:42 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

phew lucky girl...... you might have insurance problems as well cos your tax ran out last year
Old 30 January 2008, 10:45 PM
neil.p1
Scooby Regular

she is the luckyist girl ever i got phoned when i was in work underneath a lorry and they would not tell wat was wrong with her. All they said was she was upside down in the car and was trapped in it. I asked was she going to be ok and all they said was i dont know so i jumped in to the van and went like tropper too crumlin cause the firemen and ambulance had not arrived so they told me too come till the scene which made me panic so much i thought the worst had happened . The traffic was so bad it was taking for ever it must of been half hour later the police phoned told me she was going till the royal so i imediatley turned for the royal and met her there wat a shock it was till see her all strapped up but i was so glad till see her thankfull she is fine. I truely love this girl and i dont know what i would do without her and i was in tears when in the van thinking she was dead lisa i love you with all my heart
Old 30 January 2008, 11:03 PM
BrocaghJohn
Scooby Regular

Lisa glad your ok girl, my mates girlfriend was not so lucky this morning lost control on black ice and hit a tree, she was in her thirties.
You can always replace metal.

John
Old 30 January 2008, 11:16 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Cars can be replaced....roads are in shocking state at the minute, greasy as hell......and VERY easy to be caught out...

Hope you feel better soon chick
Old 30 January 2008, 11:17 PM
scooby_girlie
Scooby Regular

Neil that is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me.

As I was crashing I was convinced I was gonna die and only thing I was thinking about was how I was never gonna see you again. When I came round the first thing I said was 'where's Neil, get Neil?' - Michelle and the police have told you that. I was so scared you'd be mad at me or disappointed in me for crashing. You're the only person I don't ever wanna let down.

I couldn't move and when the firebrigade and police came I heard them on their radio saying 'possible fatality' and I just burst into tears thinking I was still gonna die. Then I'd have never had you make me laugh when I'm trying to be mad at you - that makes me so frustrated cause it works, lol. I'd never be able to cuddle up to you at night while we're sleeping. I'd never be able to whisper I love you and hear you whisper it back. I'd never have got the chance to spend my life with you, and that's the main thing.

I'm gutted about the car but it doesn't matter. I've got you. I'm so glad I'm here today, and the reason I'm glad is that I get to spend today and every other day with you. I love you so so much honey. You'll never know just what you mean to me. xx
Old 30 January 2008, 11:17 PM
robertgraham
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear no one was seriously injured, as already said even though its a really disheartening experience the car can be replaced, hope you get back to full health soon.

robert
Old 30 January 2008, 11:27 PM
neil.p1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daddyscoob
phew lucky girl...... you might have insurance problems as well cos your tax ran out last year
you should not quote on things just cause the tax disc is not on the window does not mean its not taxed my girlfriend nearly died and you have to post stupid things like that mind you own bussiness
Old 30 January 2008, 11:32 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

holy ****

Hope your alright and on the mend Lisa!! As everybody else has already stated, at least your injuries are only minor!!
Old 30 January 2008, 11:44 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

wow thats crazy, very luck escape, i can only echo the posts that have been said above and a car is only a machine at the end of the day...the fact your alive is what matters...get well soon :-)
Old 31 January 2008, 12:09 AM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

F***k me u r lucky....if i were u id do the lottery cuz ur luck must be in to walk away from that!!

Like the rest of them said, u can always get another car!!
Old 31 January 2008, 01:05 AM
Dee NI
Scooby Regular

Glad to see you got out without too much injury.
When I was younger the thing I feared about crashing was wrecking my car. After having a head on colision and after seeing first hand and hearing about so many people I've known getting killed in cars the most important thing is you.
There was a girl I used to work with killed down the road from where I live yesterday. The roads are a scary place.

Damien
Old 31 January 2008, 01:14 AM
Dee NI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrocaghJohn
Lisa glad your ok girl, my mates girlfriend was not so lucky this morning lost control on black ice and hit a tree, she was in her thirties.
You can always replace metal.

John
**** mate just read your post.
I live in Feeny. Worked in the same place as her a few years ago. She was always in on overtime on my shift. I've always hated that ****ing tree. It's at the only spot on the corner you would hit if you came off.
Really sorry to hear that.

Damien
Old 31 January 2008, 02:17 AM
scooby_girlie
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys for all your comments. You're a good bunch.

I still don't think it's quite sunk in yet how serious it could have been. Even when I went up to see the car and where it happened I couldn't put it all together in my head. I keep thinking it's not actually my car when I see the pictures, even though I know it must be. But I know I should be so thankful I'm not dead.

I went to give police my insurance and licence and stuff and some of the police who were at the accident were there and said they couldn't believe I was alive, let alone not injured. Apparently one had tried to look into the car to see if there was anyone in it and couldn't even see me, and another said, when they were able to see me, that my head and neck were at such a weird angle that they thought my neck must have been broken and I was dead. The investigating officer said she has never attended a fatal road crash before and thought when she saw the scene that I was gonna be the first one.

I should also say thanks to all the paramedics, fire-men and police that were on scene cause they did everything they could to help. And there was also a passer-by who actually got into the back of the car when it was on its roof to hold my neck straight. So I'm sending a big thankyou to him where-ever he is!

And John, sorry to hear bout your mates girlfriend. Makes me so thankful.

Lisxx

Last edited by scooby_girlie; 01 February 2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 31 January 2008, 09:04 AM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by scooby_girlie
Neil that is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me.

As I was crashing I was convinced I was gonna die and only thing I was thinking about was how I was never gonna see you again. When I came round the first thing I said was 'where's Neil, get Neil?' - Michelle and the police have told you that. I was so scared you'd be mad at me or disappointed in me for crashing. You're the only person I don't ever wanna let down.

I couldn't move and when the firebrigade and police came I heard them on their radio saying 'possible fatality' and I just burst into tears thinking I was still gonna die. Then I'd have never had you make me laugh when I'm trying to be mad at you - that makes me so frustrated cause it works, lol. I'd never be able to cuddle up to you at night while we're sleeping. I'd never be able to whisper I love you and hear you whisper it back. I'd never have got the chance to spend my life with you, and that's the main thing.

I'm gutted about the car but it doesn't matter. I've got you. I'm so glad I'm here today, and the reason I'm glad is that I get to spend today and every other day with you. I love you so so much honey. You'll never know just what you mean to me. xx

You getting engaged this Valentines day?

Wish my wife thought that much off me!
Old 31 January 2008, 09:07 AM
New_scooby_04

EEEEK. You don't do thngs by half measures do you!!

Looks like your car did a good job of protecting you; tough buggers these scoobies; an SN user named Tidgy had a similarly nasty accident and walked away unscathed

Chin up: Sad to lose a nice car, but the main thing is that you're ok, no - one else is hurt, the insurance will cover you financially, you'll find another nice Scooby and, most importantly, you'll learn from the mistake.

Fell better soon!

Ns04
Old 31 January 2008, 09:07 AM
bekee
Scooby Regular

lisa omg............i can remember a bad accident i had with my sister wher she was left in intensive care, but i came away with internal bleeding, broken nose,and stitches........seein the car afterwards absolutely turned my stomach........dont worry about others comments about tax etc.....ffs..........just remember that wee scooby u loved so much saved your life........it wasnt its fault.........it served its purpose.......u can get another scooby through time.........allow yourself time to heal........(let neil look after you!!!!)......get a wee bell 2 ring when u want sumthin!!!! serious tho......all things happen for a reason...........im glad ur ok even tho i never really got a chance 2 meet ya properly x
Old 31 January 2008, 10:02 AM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

lisa, i hope you have a lottery ticket for this weekends draw... cuz your lucks in.

i just hope if anything like that happens to me i`ve the same person matching over my shoulder you had!!

glad your ok, as said cars can be replaced!
Old 31 January 2008, 01:34 PM
fifty
Scooby Regular

we live in ballinderry,the wife was going to crumlin,she seen a car flip and hit a telegraph pole and end upside down in a ditch on the crumlin road,was this you i think it was sounds simlar,on tues about 4 o clock,anyway how you get out of it alive,wife was talking to you and trying to keep you conscious if this was you.
Old 31 January 2008, 01:53 PM
fifty
Scooby Regular

yeah showed wife pics there,and she said yes,it was the car.She cant believe your alive nor could she get over the crash said the pole was lying in front of her on the road.But VERY GLAD YOUR OK KID,YOUVE THE BIG MAN TO THANK ID SAY(god)

Quick Reply: I wrote off my car