Notices

our own club wear?

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2007, 01:58 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default our own club wear?

guys - do ya think we could get a few polo's & hoodies printed up for our beloved scooby envolvment?
Old 17 November 2007, 02:16 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Excellent idea anybody know where we can get a discount ?
Old 17 November 2007, 02:21 PM
neil.p1
Scooby Regular

i know a shop n lisburn that do stichin. that would do if we bought the jackets else where
Old 17 November 2007, 02:40 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

we get wee cheap jackets in a place in carrick for doing the door coz they always get ripped... on door handles etc...

perhaps... we could see if we could get a scoobynet logo or our tuners name?

i dunno - spose we could get anything really.

ps - wot a day.
Old 17 November 2007, 02:46 PM
neil.p1
Scooby Regular

thats sounds good want a jacket that looks decent too.

wat a crap day it is
Old 17 November 2007, 02:47 PM
Andy '00
Scooby Regular

Neil, ask Jonny were he got his. Alan has one of his first AI jackets when he got those made a year or so ago.
They where a great jacket, bit of weight in it.
Old 17 November 2007, 03:12 PM
neil.p1
Scooby Regular

good idea heading up there now till drop the car off
Old 17 November 2007, 03:32 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

good idea, would luk great at all our meets
Old 17 November 2007, 05:28 PM
neil.p1
Scooby Regular

hopefully might be able till get a deal on these jackets
that would be the more expensive one hopefully be able till get it at 45 till 50 for a group buy

this one would be around 30

they would then have till go to shopi know till get logos on but they are not dear wat you think
Old 17 November 2007, 05:52 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Top Jacket looks great, will ask Neal from Bondauto where he got his jackets done up, they are 3/4 length, waterproof and look superb.....was speaking to him at the rally yesterday, and may have a place that will do the logo's etc reasonably
Old 17 November 2007, 06:01 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

If we r goin 2 have our own jackets (which imho will b great) why dont we form a mini comittee, say have event organiser's, prize organiser's, treasurer and so forth would b a good idea as a lot of clubs have them, If we were to do things like these then we can say put money in a kitty (treasurer) from meets, events, dvd sales of meets + events so forth then at the end of every year we could have a big meet (xmas doo) with good prizes and so forth.

Just a thought but I'm sure the majority of us could all meet up in a big car park that has a pub/restraunt close and discuss it.
Old 17 November 2007, 06:08 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Am loving the idea of trying to get a "comittee" type affair set up, with our own Moderator for the section......

As far as fund raising etc for the site goes, the actual mods from here will have to be approached as we are using their site name for promotion purposes...cant see them having a problem, and it would look good to have a few banners etc for when we do actually turn up to do a show, instead of having to try and get our cars onto other websites stands....

Jackets and Polo shirts etc are a cracking idea (wish I'd thought of it LOL )
Old 17 November 2007, 06:09 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

petedotuk funny i had been thinking bout this 2!!! we would be a "proper" club then, not just a offcast of the main scoobynet. would we still use the scoobynet name and logo or would we come up with one ourselves? committee sounds great too. i would love 2 be involved. the only drawback is wher the meetings would be............................any1 who couldnt attend them i suppose you could get the minutes on here for further info/discussion. the problem is that the club would be spread over the whole of n. ireland ( and some southern ireland 2), so theyr mite not be as many at meetings as we would like..........and i suppose having a rep in each area would be 2 much hassle as well.............what do you all think?
Old 17 November 2007, 06:23 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

I have experience in a committee of a club as I used 2 be part of a committee of the corporals mess in the army, like brock says I'm sure we have 2 approach they mods of the forum for fundraisin and the likes, but I was also think if we have a organised event, then after the prices are agreed we can add say an extra £5 or £10 on top & it goes 2 the treasurer, if we have an appointed dvd maker who record days out and then turn them into dvd's, sell them on the forum then after his costs the money could also go2 the treasurer keep this up 4 say a year have a good old bash with good prizes (car mods r something) that way we r makin the money from within our club.

by the way the treasurer would'nt have 2b 1 person it could b 2, 1 to keep the safe another the combination. A new comittee could b voted in each year.
Old 18 November 2007, 12:10 AM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

personally i liked the site and things as they are infact thats why im here, i left all that behind wen packed in bangorcruise, i think we'd a blast this year just doin a few shows and the chilled atmosphere was wot i for one sought out.

anyway - clothing.
Old 18 November 2007, 12:14 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only one problem i can invisage is a copyright on the scoobynet logo so thatll need to be cleared up wat ya think?
Old 18 November 2007, 12:34 AM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

doesnt needa be a SN logo, unless u really want.

jus a mention of N.I. and scoobs perhaps.
Old 18 November 2007, 12:42 AM
brocks
Scooby Regular

I think the way forward is to work out what everyone wants out of the site and then work out how we are gonna get it........and the easiest way is to do that online where everyone who wants to have their voice heard can do it......

For example, I personally wanna see the members attending as many events as possible under the Scoobynet name.....I also wanna see us organising our own events for other clubs to attend.....

To do this right takes a lot of time and interest, and all too often we get those whom the dates or locations dont suit complaining....and even after well run events, members on here still decide they have to knock those who organise any form of meet, and this should not be condoned.

If we are to represent a site such as Scoobynet, we should have the following in place....a site banner, site/members clothing and accessories available ( jackets, t-shirts, polo shirts, umbrellas, mugs etc ), and these all cost money to provide initially. That is why organising such things online can be easier and more effective.....

At the Lurgan Park event last year I was approached and asked to take up a collection to buy a banner for the site and refused.....for several reasons, some of which are obvious. Even the McRae run, where I did collect money was to cover MY outlay of over £250 quid to get the stickers organised, but this still meant we could send a cheque to the McRae family for their charity, which has been done.....it would be easy for me to organise stickers, mugs etc to be logo'd up and sold at events to raise the cash for banners, and also the sale of club clothing could be marked up slightly to pay for such things.

I think Scoobynet would be all to happy to endorse a regional promotion of their site but enquiries will have to be made.........

Please dont take this as a negative comment as those who know me know how much time I spend trying to organise such things LOL
Old 18 November 2007, 12:43 AM
brocks
Scooby Regular

@ Geoffo.......PSNI - Performance Subaru's Northern Ireland.....was also mentioned LMAO
Old 18 November 2007, 09:08 AM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

on the getting the gear front.. sportscrest in bangor do all the iceman gear that i abuse daily in work and it holds out pretty well.

the only expense is the initial making of the design into a pattern, then its cheap as chips per garment.
Old 18 November 2007, 10:05 AM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Seen an ad at the roadside in newtonabbey for a printed banner £88 will get more details can also speak to the printers norman uses for the cars n stuff logos

Also I own the domain name www.scoobyshack.com but dont know what to do with it
Old 18 November 2007, 01:37 PM
badboy2u
Scooby Newbie

norman uses mid antrim signs, they also embroider any logo. he spends alot of money with em im sure he wouldnt mind getting a price of em. might get it a bit cheaper.
Old 18 November 2007, 05:29 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Got the details from Neal about his guy too, will give him a shout tomorrow for quotes and will post back the results
Old 18 November 2007, 05:34 PM
j16jrf
Scooby Regular

i would deffo love one of these like the fleece with the thumb holes so they have sort of built in gloves

when will we know whats happening with this geoff lad?
Old 18 November 2007, 10:52 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Would like one of these aswell,what about Scoobynet Northern Ireland the same way various other regions have their own take on the name eg Essex and Welsh.
Old 19 November 2007, 07:14 PM
stevie_g2007
Scooby Regular

would deffintly buy 1 of these!!
Old 19 November 2007, 07:58 PM
gojonnyjo
Scooby Regular

Im in for this, I agree wi mad555, think we should keep scoobynet - Northern Ireland , after all its what we are, Also think we should get a banner, (brocks) maybe we could add a couple of quid to the cost of the jackets to cover the cost of the banner, just an idea
Old 19 November 2007, 08:01 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gojonnyjo
Im in for this, I agree wi mad555, think we should keep scoobynet - Northern Ireland , after all its what we are, Also think we should get a banner, (brocks) maybe we could add a couple of quid to the cost of the jackets to cover the cost of the banner, just an idea
Old 19 November 2007, 09:15 PM
fabiostar
Scooby Regular

Default nice one

stick me down for one of the jackets.any chance of getting kiddies sizes as a lot of us have rug rats at home

fabio
Old 19 November 2007, 09:55 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

would defo get 1 4 my kids, they luk so cool in their scooby coats

Quick Reply: our own club wear?