Notices

TRACKING WHEEL ALIGNMENT

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2007, 08:33 AM
gojonnyjo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRACKING WHEEL ALIGNMENT

Ok guys seen a couple of ppl asking about tracking, now 6 months ago I would have said that Donnellys would be the ppl to go to, I put a set of bridgestone e070 and got them to check the tracking and alignment, that was in April, got a print out an all showing what was out and what the corrections made. Now this is where it gets tricky, the car seemed to tramline a lot but i was told by different ppl and places that it was the tyres as the particular type of tyre i fitted is prone to it.
I was going to rotate my tyres from the front to the back as i do every 6 months on Wednesday, took the front drivers side wheel off and fookin ****e me self, (sorry for the lingo but as u read on it will become clear.) the inside edge of the tyre was gone, zip, nada, fookin canvas. now i paid 100 quid a corner and 40 quid for alignment when I got these fitted, I only covered 4500 miles on them. So i thought wot the **** is going on, this aint right, and boy was the tracking out, Donnellys again, 2 new tyres, tried to tell me that I must have kerbed my wheels, funny thing though, I aint got a fookin mark on my wheels, total mint, now that it has been done again the car does not tram line any ,ore so that tale of the tyres will tramline is a load of fookin bollocks cuz now that the cars been done right this time the things steers and straight lines sweet.
so the jist of it guys is all scoobys have to be 4 wheel aligned and tracked, and for **** sake bring it to someone who knows what they are doing, one things for sure, I would not like to be Donnellys if I have to go back to them with same problem. Not that I will be gettin any work carried out by them again, didnt even get any discount

Last edited by gojonnyjo; 19 October 2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 19 October 2007, 09:36 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Key word - Donnellys

Bunch of arseholes, and haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Shaun
Old 19 October 2007, 12:46 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Every post I read about Donnellys is negative im glad I drive an import as they wont even sell me parts for it let alone work on it

They dont do much for the good name of subaru

bet they mess up the open day too
Old 19 October 2007, 11:04 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

I'm just going to get mine checked - advice on here says the tyre place at Cookstown
Old 19 October 2007, 11:56 PM
Dee NI
Scooby Regular

Need to get mine done too. All 4 wheels have **** all on the outside edge. Inside thread is very good.
Old 20 October 2007, 01:43 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

DONT USE DONELLY's!!!!
Every1 I know who gets work done them has complained about the condition of their car when they get it back i.e dirty greasy fingerprints all over it and generally not happy with the work.

I left my car in just 2 weeks ago for warranty work due 2 a dodgy alarm when I got it back it was burn oil like ****! (obviously some1 thought Oh luk a modified impreza i'm going 2 hammer this up the m1 4 a few miles) & a large chip on the top off the wing where a spanner r something was dropped on it.

When I complained I basically got told "PROVE IT". I will not let them work on my car again.
Old 21 October 2007, 02:35 PM
dee hagan
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default donnellys

as some of you know,im fighting with them and subaru uk to fit a new gearbox to the RB320.i noticed a slight dry bearing noise mostly in the lower gears,1st,2nd and 3rd.at this stage the car had 600 MILES!they wanted to re-con my gearbox and i wont let them.

i left the car in at 1000 miles for a first service and they tried to tell me the noise was normal!
they also had to activate the tracker as it hadnt been done when the car was delivered,do the wheel alignment as i didnt have a printout in the service wallet,investigate a clicking noise from the brakes(which was worse when it came out!) and a rattle through the steering column which they cant find!

on top of all this,they had it over a week and when i got it home i found an oikly mark on the suede of the passenger seat and a light scratch on the top of my front wing.

the reason we ended up with the RB320 is because we bought a brand new sonic blue STI with ppp in july (OEZ2811)and had the car 2 weeks put 480 miles on it only to discover that they had sold us a PRE REG car without telling us.

Donnelly have been a major let down to us and i would not recommend them for anything. (one of the parts guys was dead on tho)

as for their open day,god help paul donnelly when we arrive!