Notices

Black jaxx report

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2007, 09:06 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black jaxx report

ok guys got my alarm fitted recently a clifford concept 650. I have been using this system for around 4 weeks now and just thought i shout let you guys know about the black jaxx side of things.

The anti car jacking device black jaxx has a feature that once your in the car it automatically locks the central locking once you have entered your code.
If the doors are opened by yourself or by a car jacker the system is enabled and requires the code to continue driving within 30 secs and if your car is sucessfully stolen even with the keys the car will come to a stop soon after its been stolen allowing you to recover the car from the scene.

It takes about a week to get used to it but now i wouldnt do without it. SIM (sound in motion) who fitted it were very helpfull explaining how it worked and with the standard of installation being of a high standard i wouldnt think twice about going back.

Originally this was suppose to be a group buy with a discount to be negotiated. This black jaxx system is a stand alone unit to work along side you own alarm and immobiliser, maybe some of you guys are intrested or maybe not but if you are these are suppose to be £180 fitted less the group buy discount.

hope this is useful to someone
Old 28 September 2007, 09:31 PM
JJstiuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup had this in my old scooby, takes a week or so to get used to but its a great system
Old 28 September 2007, 10:08 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

Yeah i'd say it would be hard to get used to!
Old 29 September 2007, 06:44 AM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

i could really do with my sigma immoliser and alarm taken out. it cuts out and wont start, then i have to disconnect the battery for awhile.then it resets it only happens in bangor car park...... u can guess how annoying this is, puts me off driving it sometimes incase it happens miles away from the house

i was thinking of going for a toad alarm.
Old 29 September 2007, 02:30 PM
JJstiuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davey21wagon
i could really do with my sigma immoliser and alarm taken out. it cuts out and wont start, then i have to disconnect the battery for awhile.then it resets it only happens in bangor car park...... u can guess how annoying this is, puts me off driving it sometimes incase it happens miles away from the house

i was thinking of going for a toad alarm.
Toad ai606 or Clifford + Black jaxx gets my vote
Old 30 September 2007, 09:55 AM
Andy '00
Scooby Regular

Default Sigma Alarm

Davey21

I heard a rumour the the Bangor carpark issue is in relation to a police blocker located in the station. NeilKP1 has the same problem. I was down one night and pulled up beside him, my car was running, his was off. He had been trying to start it for around 10 mins with no joy, once he was towed away from the vacinity, his alarm worked again. He said this had happened a number of times.

Maybe its just a coincidence??? Ollie could prob explain better
Old 30 September 2007, 10:45 AM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

yeah, the sigma alarm sadly suffers from this. boucher road is also a prime site.

although entering your 4 digit code on the pin pad will often solve the problem and let you get her fired up.

IMO if the car came with a sigma M30, i`d leave it in unless its giving you major jip. the alarms themselves are extremely well fitted and installed tot he highest standards. Hence why I`ve decided to leave mine alone and not go the clifford route.

my sigma has been in for over 8 years (according to the diagnostic reader) and is still working good as new.

if anyone has a sigma and doesnt know their pin code i can reset the code for you so you can enter a more memorable number.

AFAIk there was a fix for this involving sending the main unit off to sigma, but few owners ever did this as the problem was so infrequent, so many of us sadly still have the units that pick up interference (its based on the anti code grabbing system i believe)

glad your happy with your install bushi. clifford are great alarms, but i`ve already explained my reasons for disliking them elsewhere. and the fact that the 650 comes with blackjax as standard is also a bonus

the toad Ai606, although people rave about them, in my eyes is a very dated system. Clifford have upgraded ther systems through the years whereas the toad seems to have essentially remained the same meaning larger CPU and slightly uglier ultrasonics. but they do have the additional features like optional dual zone proxys, that some other manufacturers dont offer

The toad system is also identical in features to a laserline 213, which has separate units for immobilser etc making it harder to locate and bypass.

each to their own, people have favourite brands, god knows i loved clifford for nigh on 10 years
Old 30 September 2007, 07:42 PM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

one of my mates was explaining it to me how the frequency works etc i did hear about the other scooby having the same problem would be my luck wouldn t it.

ollie how hard would it be for u to change the code