Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno / rolling road

Any one know of any good ones about.
Old 18 August 2007, 11:52 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

as far as 2 wheel drive id go to ds auto's in antrim.

ecc - have a 4wd one...

BUT am jus waiting for word from Ai Autosport and hopefully once der up and running we could have a RR day.
Old 19 August 2007, 12:31 AM
fabiostar
Scooby Regular

Default ????

i take it ai sport are in carrick then?? or they are at the min

fabio

just wondering because i know i guy who is about to set one up in the carrick area and was wondering is it the same setup
Old 19 August 2007, 03:05 PM
drewruberry
Scooby Regular

Has anyone used ECC or heard any info on them.
Old 19 August 2007, 10:26 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

without sounding disrespectful i dont think ECC are really to clued in altho im itching for a power run.
Old 11 September 2007, 10:59 AM
drewruberry
Scooby Regular

any one any other places for dyno runs
Old 11 September 2007, 01:03 PM
M2 WRX
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by geoffo
without sounding disrespectful i dont think ECC are really to clued in altho im itching for a power run.
Why do you think that?
1) As far as we know we have run the most BHP on our rollers than anywhere
in ireland so far and with that set the fastest 1/4 mile.
2) We have the fastest Mitsubishi and Subaru in Ireland.
3) We won 3 overall Classes in the first irish drag championship and
came away with 8 trophys last weekend at the final beating our
competition.

So if you are going to post comments like that would you please back them up as we're only a business trying to do our best at what were good at.

Last edited by M2 WRX; 11 September 2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: update
Old 11 September 2007, 02:33 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EASTCOASTCUSTOMS
Why do you think that?
1) As far as we know we have run the most BHP on our rollers than anywhere
in ireland so far and with that set the fastest 1/4 mile.
2) We have the fastest Mitsubishi and Subaru in Ireland.
3) We won 3 overall Classes in the first irish drag championship and
came away with 8 trophys last weekend at the final beating our
competition.

So if you are going to post comments like that would you please back them up as we're only a business trying to do our best at what were good at.
1 - maybe so but has norris designs not help build these "bhp" monsters you seem to take credit for? as i mentioned to you at cool nights when amos and myself questioned you about why you had a mitsi engine on show with your name to it and you coudn't explain when in actual fact it was a norris unit.

2 - you have the fastest cars but still proceded to race against us at the swrc this year in a 2L astra, i have vidio footage and now you're racing at kirkistown the questions being asked that although you have the "fastest" scoobs and mitsi's you certainly dont seem to be the qucikest.

3 - well done, im sure your chuffed.

4 - i phoned asking for an exhaust for my impreza and got put through to a "custom fabricator" that confessed your custom fabrications wer off the shelf HKS units.

5 - eplain how your rolling road was calibrated at first? be honest now.

6 - im handy at swinging the odd spanner myself and i certainly after talking to you at ecc and past customers do not favour your services, please from this take no insult but really? i aint a kid with a toy or without a clue, this is a public forum from which the "www" prefix suggests and i am only "explaining" myself as requested but by you.

now im sure we can keep this forum as friendly an atmosphere as possible.
Old 11 September 2007, 03:15 PM
M2 WRX
Scooby Newbie

1 - maybe so but has norris designs not help build these "bhp" monsters you seem to take credit for? as i mentioned to you at cool nights when amos and myself questioned you about why you had a mitsi engine on show with your name to it and you coudn't explain when in actual fact it was a norris unit.

2 - you have the fastest cars but still proceded to race against us at the swrc this year in a 2L astra, i have vidio footage and now you're racing at kirkistown the questions being asked that although you have the "fastest" scoobs and mitsi's you certainly dont seem to be the qucikest.

3 - well done, im sure your chuffed.

4 - i phoned asking for an exhaust for my impreza and got put through to a "custom fabricator" that confessed your custom fabrications wer off the shelf HKS units.

5 - eplain how your rolling road was calibrated at first? be honest now.

6 - im handy at swinging the odd spanner myself and i certainly after talking to you at ecc and past customers do not favour your services, please from this take no insult but really? i aint a kid with a toy or without a clue, this is a public forum from which the "www" prefix suggests and i am only "explaining" myself as requested but by you.

now im sure we can keep this forum as friendly an atmosphere as possible.
1) Yes we actually do build all our own engines and this has been resolved before on another public forum before by simon himself and please feel free to contact him 01225 700 748 just to clear this matter up.

2) Sorry mate but that wasnt me , i havent raced a 1.8 astra in nearly 2 years and sold all my cars and spares. Would be interesting to see your video footage. I have only raced at kirkistown once and will be back very soon. I also set the fastest lap of my class that day aswell.

3)Sorry but you would have not have been talking to the fabricator, as the public generally don't speak to the workshop . You would have been talking to one of the sales team, who would of told you that we use a GENUINE HKS back box along with our own custom fabricated system which we give a lifetime warrenty with.

4) The rolling road was calibrated by the manufacturer when it was installed by him. Why what grievance have you got with it?

5)Opinions are up to you but we have a proven track record with results to back it up.

So in conclusion, your ability to explain yourself, as requested by us, has only given our intial statement more merrit. But how could anyone expect our facts to stand up against your hear say and conjecture.

Last edited by M2 WRX; 11 September 2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11 September 2007, 03:37 PM
eggy
Scooby Regular

NOW GIRLS NO FIGHTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 11 September 2007, 03:53 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe instead of hijacking this thread EASTCOASTCUSTOMS it should remain the original plea for assistance thread tbh.

Last edited by bushiwarrior; 11 September 2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11 September 2007, 03:57 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

in conclusion? is this a science lesson or a cival chat? you havent even read what i said propery lad - i said we had the 2L astra not you had a 1.8, my god if you get that wrong how do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

one of us "me" or "ECC" is telling porky pies and as god as my judge...

now, you go do what your good at and i'll jus hang out with the rest of the lads on here, i aint a young impressionable or clueless boyracer and what you say has little effect or even noo effect on my opinion other than saddening me as i know i aint telling pooh-poohs, with this i suggest we go back to topic and not ruin what the web master is trying to do.

such a pity, by the way - im in east antim, thats on the east coast unless lisburn has been towed by the pure torque of irelands fastest cars grrrr.

now... please if ya dont mind i'll prefere to wait for AI's road to open and hopefully have around 230bhp for my efforts and thats in forth gear not third.
Old 11 September 2007, 04:29 PM
M2 WRX
Scooby Newbie

It's a science lesson, but school doesn't seem to be your thing, so I will try to use small words. And I think the civil chat went out the window with the age old Norris allegation, which was laid to rest over a year ago. But you seem to have ignored that, so presumable you rang Simon, he pointed out that, just because the rocker cover is painted HKS purple, like his engines, its not necessarily one of his.

I'll give you another example, if two cars are blue, they can be made by different people.

You said, we raced against you in a 2litre astra. The sentence structure suggests that we, ECC, were racing the astra. And as John used to race an astra, we corrected you, by saying a 1.8. We can tell the difference, sadly your grammar is just lacking.

But hey, I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion, you're perfectly entitled. Good luck with the rolling road, I'm sure AI will be delighted to have you.

Now, back to topic.
Old 11 September 2007, 04:35 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

lol! - im sure i'll see ya soon enuff for a yarn tuning god.

so in advance - AI rr day.

1. geoffo.
Old 11 September 2007, 05:27 PM
M2 WRX
Scooby Newbie

lol! - im sure i'll see ya soon enuff for a yarn tuning god.

so in advance - AI rr day.

1. geoffo.
2. John ECC Subaru
3. Timmy Version 5 STi
Old 11 September 2007, 05:29 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

I guess word of mouth plays a big part in who we choose to spend our money with.
Old 11 September 2007, 05:35 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

now back to topic if your looking a remap done AI sorted Neils p1 mapped on the fly which im sure is better than on a rolling road different loadings and intake temps during mapping.
Now before anyone starts I dont know alot about dyno setups and remapping Ive just been in neils motor before and after

AI sure do know their stuff but on the other hand im sure ecc wouldnt have been able to tune their evo and scooby if and I quote "they didnt know their **** from their elbow "
Not my words but word of mouth does swing the direction money flows
Old 11 September 2007, 06:05 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

i`ll be up for a AI RR day no sweat.

i had the dc2 rr at ECC, and i had no complaints other than it was done in 3rd gear and not 4th, and when i asked for tuning advice based on the read out i recieved a blank look followed by "i dont know".

admittedly it also appeared to be carried out by someone who didnt know what they were at and perhaps not one of the tuning guys

but mines purely for a general bhp idea, cuz i`ve no intention of spending big money on engine work.

Last edited by OLLIeRB5; 11 September 2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: additional txt
Old 11 September 2007, 07:33 PM
M2 WRX
Scooby Newbie

The car recieves 2 runs on a rolling road day or any other day. This may include a top speed run. If the third gear run gives a better result than the fourth gear run, then you will recieve the third gear graph, but the customer can request whatever gear they want.

On a rolling road day, if you are looking for sales and tuning advice, a member of the sales team will be able to help you, and not the rolling road operators.
Old 11 September 2007, 08:11 PM
fabiostar
Scooby Regular

Default hold on

hold on a min guys

just had to nip out and get some popcorn there..

ok go for it...

fabio
Old 11 September 2007, 08:45 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EASTCOASTCUSTOMS
I'm sure AI will be delighted to have you.

Hardly good for business .I think if you want a rolling road go to the mainland where the operaters know what there doing,over here we dont have much choice regarding rollin roads so people are stuck for choice regarding power runs,there was another rolling road setup here how had a reputation for making things go 'bang in the night' as to say,some of the longer registered members will know who I mean as its been discussed here before.
Old 11 September 2007, 08:52 PM
big-kev
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default rollin road

YOU CAN TRY SUPRA PERFORMANCE PARTS IN CRUMLIN ! ASK FOR A GUY CALLED COLIN HIS MOBILE NO. IS 07789758691 HE SHOULD POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRRECTION AS HE IS WELL WIRE IN WITH IMPORTS TUNING !!!!!
Old 11 September 2007, 09:54 PM
drewruberry
Scooby Regular

its more of a health check than anything else as ive been having really bad problems with oil in my induction system and fmic and pipework so just had to fit a catch can and want to make sure that the oil hasnt effected anything else.

Has anyone heard of triple 7 as they are supposed to be good as well.

Cheers

Drew
Old 11 September 2007, 10:24 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AI rr day. roll up roll up

1. geoffo.
2. John ECC Subaru
3. Timmy Version 5 STi
4. OLLIeRB5
5. bushiwarrior 2007 wrx
Old 12 September 2007, 06:46 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drewruberry
its more of a health check than anything else as ive been having really bad problems with oil in my induction system and fmic and pipework so just had to fit a catch can and want to make sure that the oil hasnt effected anything else.

Has anyone heard of triple 7 as they are supposed to be good as well.

Cheers

Drew
Triple 7 we have discussed on here before.