Notices

FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT...???

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2007, 11:53 PM
EIRE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT...???

Hello guys i am looking for someone north or south of the border who can really be trusted to do a proper job of doing my four wheel alignment on my new wrx... Any opinions would be very much appreciated... and i wouldnt mind traveling to get a proper job done by someone who actually knows or cares what their doing...
Old 24 April 2007, 02:19 AM
JJstiuk
Scooby Regular

Carryduff tyres just outside belfast are the best i know off. They set up my subaru with fast road settings and the car never felt better.
Old 24 April 2007, 08:40 AM
markymark34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JJstiuk
Carryduff tyres just outside belfast are the best i know off. They set up my subaru with fast road settings and the car never felt better.
used these guys myself and it was a good job although it was 4 years ago! Someone was telling me Hursts have the most up to date equipment but im sure there twice the price of anywhere else.
Old 24 April 2007, 10:30 AM
daz4065
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markymark34
used these guys myself and it was a good job although it was 4 years ago! Someone was telling me Hursts have the most up to date equipment but im sure there twice the price of anywhere else.
Are you just talking about simple wheel alignment? anywhere with decent equipment should be able to do it. No big deal.

However, if you are talking about setting the cars geometry settings after suspension changes then that is a different question.
Old 24 April 2007, 12:15 PM
markymark34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz4065
Are you just talking about simple wheel alignment? anywhere with decent equipment should be able to do it. No big deal.

However, if you are talking about setting the cars geometry settings after suspension changes then that is a different question.
some places can make a mess of it. I had to get my mr2 done 3 times thanks to dodgy mechanics

shouldnt you be teaching
Old 24 April 2007, 12:55 PM
daz4065
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markymark34
some places can make a mess of it. I had to get my mr2 done 3 times thanks to dodgy mechanics

shouldnt you be teaching
Just make sure it is a reputable company. No real need to travel across the country to get wheels aligned!

Can't be bothered working, not getting paid enough for all the hassle!!!

When you getting your scoob? Soon I hope
Old 24 April 2007, 01:22 PM
EIRE
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help guys i have my new car about 2 weeks but have not been convinced about the standard factory settings.. also on a really straight road the steering wheel seems a little off to the left hmmm..? I think i will try the place in Carryduf..Do any of you chaps have a name or number for them as i would be much obliged...
Old 25 April 2007, 07:29 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EIRE
Thanks for your help guys i have my new car about 2 weeks but have not been convinced about the standard factory settings.. also on a really straight road the steering wheel seems a little off to the left hmmm..? I think i will try the place in Carryduf..Do any of you chaps have a name or number for them as i would be much obliged...
I've just had my MY05 UK STI done at Magowan Tyres in Mallusk.

They have the most up to date machine in Northern Ireland.

Shaun
Old 25 April 2007, 08:54 AM
GAWLEY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
I've just had my MY05 UK STI done at Magowan Tyres in Mallusk.

They have the most up to date machine in Northern Ireland.

Shaun
Was this for an alignment or an actually geometry setup?
Old 25 April 2007, 11:15 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAWLEY
Was this for an alignment or an actually geometry setup?
We'll the printout tells you the following
FRONT AXLE

Total toe
Half-toe
Max Dif.
Camber
Max Dif.
King-pin angle
Max Dif.
Included angle
Steering angle diff.
Max Int. Steering angle
Max Ent. Steering angle
Set back

REAR AXLE

Total toe
half-toe
Max Dif.
Camber
Max Dif.
Set back
Thrust angle
Track difference
Old 26 April 2007, 09:50 PM
nodrive
Scooby Regular

ali burrows motorsport in dungannon can set your suspension up for you . doing them all the time on rally cars , latest equipment too.
Old 27 April 2007, 09:01 PM
EIRE
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.. Has any one else got any more recommendations before i get my wheels sorted...?
Old 27 April 2007, 09:10 PM
scoobybhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nodrive
ali burrows motorsport in dungannon can set your suspension up for you . doing them all the time on rally cars , latest equipment too.

here, buddy am I right in thinking that he can service scoobys too and if so what is he like for doing them??

wonder could he sort me out with droplinks and an ARB
Old 14 May 2007, 01:07 PM
EIRE
Scooby Regular

Going to get the 4 wheel alignment done tomorrow has anyone got a number or address for Carryduff tyres..Up from the south for the day and could do with some assistance..
Old 14 May 2007, 02:07 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

We'll heres an address and phone number
Carryduff Tyre Centre Ltd
14B Comber Rd
Carryduff
Belfast
BT8 8AN

Telephone: 028 9081 4460

Remember that if you calling from the south, replace the 028 with 048.

Shaun
Old 14 May 2007, 03:53 PM
EIRE
Scooby Regular

Thanks Shaun much obliged...They seem to have a good reputation...
Old 16 May 2007, 12:56 AM
EIRE
Scooby Regular

Well got the four wheel alignment done today...Twice...??? First went to Magowen tyres in mallusk explained my case car eight weeks old etc steering wheel off centre to the left.. they checked it out and said it was 2.5 mill out and went about the job.. got the car back and it was no different apart from the tyres being over inflated to the point of exploding.. I found them to be very f**king unprofessional.. Being so pissed off i rang charles hurst on boucher road and got a booking for an hour later left in the car found them to be very friendly and informative and they did a top class job.. the bloke said the settings were all over the shop with the car was driving sideways like a crab.. ..Now my steering wheel is perfectly aligned and my car feels top notch.. So take a fools advice and go to charlie hursts if you want proper wheel alignment done..
Old 20 June 2007, 09:51 AM
MTA
Scooby Newbie

Default 4 wheel alignment

Originally Posted by EIRE
Well got the four wheel alignment done today...Twice...??? First went to Magowen tyres in mallusk explained my case car eight weeks old etc steering wheel off centre to the left.. they checked it out and said it was 2.5 mill out and went about the job.. got the car back and it was no different apart from the tyres being over inflated to the point of exploding.. I found them to be very f**king unprofessional.. Being so pissed off i rang charles hurst on boucher road and got a booking for an hour later left in the car found them to be very friendly and informative and they did a top class job.. the bloke said the settings were all over the shop with the car was driving sideways like a crab.. ..Now my steering wheel is perfectly aligned and my car feels top notch.. So take a fools advice and go to charlie hursts if you want proper wheel alignment done..
Hello. I am concerned that you have had a problem with Magowan Tyres and there 4 whhel alignment system. I work in the Mallusk depot you visited and would like to know about any problems you may have encountered. Firstly all vehicles that come in for 4 wheel alignment have the pressures checked. Can you tell me what pressures were in your tyres as you say "the tyres were overinflated to the point of exploding"? Can you also let me know your registration number so as I can see who carried out the work on your vehicle? Please let me know asap and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem.
Many thanks

Stevie
Old 26 June 2007, 09:20 PM
redtop
Scooby Regular

how much would a geometry set up cost and do the numbers and address posted here do this
Old 27 June 2007, 03:49 PM
MTA
Scooby Newbie

Default 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT COST

Originally Posted by redtop
how much would a geometry set up cost and do the numbers and address posted here do this
Magowan Tyre & Auto
62 Mallusk Road
Newtownabbey
Co. Antrim
02890 837766

We can set up the front and rear toe and the front camber of your car. The cost for this is £55 + vat.
We can give a computerised print out for the settings of the vehicle before and after.
If you contact Trevor, Phil or Stephen at Magowans for this service.
Old 27 June 2007, 05:22 PM
redtop
Scooby Regular

cheers mate. there is camber bolts in the back struts also so i'll prob need that done also. need a few more bits gathered up first tho