Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool!

[This message has been edited by Subaru Ireland (edited 14 March 2001).]
Old 12 March 2001, 01:23 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Ok we've booked the ISDC trackday for the 20th of April.

So far there are 15 places booked and 10 remaining although I expect these to fill very quickly when all members get a letter early this week.

To confirm you booking we need payment in advance as it's the only way to ensure that none of us get hit for extra money on the day. The cost is £60 Irish Punts and can be sent directly to me made payable to I.S.D.C. at Paul McLoughlin, 31 Oatfield Park, Clane,Co.Kildare.
Cheques won't be cashed until we have all 25 in. If we don't get 25 then they will be returned and the day will have to be cancelled
YTou can e-mail me to tell me your cheque is on the way and I'll hold your place if you want.

Deadline for enteries has to be 31st of March or earlier if you really want to make sure of you place.

Paul.
Old 13 March 2001, 03:33 PM
Subaru Ireland
Scooby Newbie

[This message has been edited by Subaru Ireland (edited 14 March 2001).]
Old 13 March 2001, 10:17 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Sorry, is that you Joe?
You should have started a new topic for this one as I missed it hiding in here.

e-mail me if you still need advice and I'll be glad to help.

Paul.
Old 19 March 2001, 09:39 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Any places left on the trackday, is it still on?

Got the trackday bug at knockhill!!!!

Andy
Old 19 March 2001, 11:47 PM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Andy ,
How did you get on at Knockhill ? Did you keep it on the track in the snow ? What brakes did you end up fitting and how did they last ? Did you get any good passenger rides ?
Derek
Old 20 March 2001, 09:03 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Still 9 places left. Well i guess 8 now andy?

Details on booking above.

Paul.

Trending Topics

Old 20 March 2001, 05:32 PM
Damien Hart
Scooby Newbie

Could i please get some info on the track day such as location,time on track for two wrx's

thanks
Old 20 March 2001, 09:20 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Derek
Knockhill was great!

up at 4am for the 6am ferry Larne-Carinryan, met up with Dougie and Diana in Kilmarnock, in their Catalunya they even supplied the coffee. ( top folk)

On the road at about nine to glasgow to meet Robertio MY00 with STI V rear spoiler

Futher down the road met Maxy Uk

To the services at the forth road bridge to meet Dave Allen and some of the other Guys including John Felstead in his mental westie.

Off To the circuit

At the cuircuit was all sorts of exotica 911 GT3 360 modena and 360 modena (challenge)

On circuit were 20+scoobs, nearly 20 elises/exiges, two Evo VIs, one fiat coupe turbo and not forgetting TYfus's well driven RST.

There were plenty of passenger laps up for grabs all you had to do was ask. I was too busy trying to get to grips with the very technical circuit and the snow and hail. But did get a few laps in an elise while my brakes were cooling.

I did a couple of things to my brakes, Silkolene prorace20000 brake fluid, expensive but worth it IMHO, mintex 1144 pads and goodrich hoses again worth the expense (fitting is the dear part)IMHO.

Circuit closed at 5 and I hit the road back to Cainryan. The last part of the drive down the flowing twisty roads in the dark with the PIAAs glowing was fantastic the car felt great (half tank of SUL with silkolene octane boost).

A top day and I would highly recommend it seems a lot for a half day on track but it suited very well.

I may well be heading over again depending on when JS can arrange it and would highly recommend it.

Andy
Old 21 March 2001, 12:16 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Hi Damien and others,

Details of the track day are as follows. It's in mondello park near Naas in Co.Kildare on Friday 20th of April. Due to the expense of the day (nearly $3000) we are sharing the day with the porche Club. We have room for 25 cars only. It all starts at 12.30 pm and runs til 6.30. We will let the cars out in groups of 8 at a time and they are let off at intervals. You can drive as hard as you are able/want so long as you don't put anyone else in danger. Overtaking is not allowed unless you get the indication from the driver in front to pass. The day will be well marshalled and all the usual ambulance/tow trucks in case of the worst

Cost is £60 per car and everyone should get 5 sessions on track. It is our first club track day and we hope it will be the first of many as anyone that hasn't been on track as Andy will confirm is not using their car to it's potential

Paul.

PS If I left anything out fill in for me guys.
Old 21 March 2001, 10:55 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Just a thought for those thinking about it but not too sure.

A lot of the banter on this bbs about trackdays is that just banter!

You don't have to pit yourself against others, I'm sure there will be plenty of folk there capable of taking up any challenge put forward by the porsche guys, you don't need to spend ££££ on big brakes, suspension etc etc. Don't push your car any harder than you feel comfortable with.

With a bit of care and forethought you and your pride and joy can survive with no probs. You will have more respect for your car and will know more about what it can do after a couple of hours on track. Track day insurance is available for your own piece of mind (recommended).

Old 22 March 2001, 04:28 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Andy ,
Well said . When I was at the Kirkiston track day I knew I had the slowest car there but I still had fantastic fun exploring the limits of adhesion of my car . With the track being dry and it being my first track day I didn't get out of shape once despite doing a few silly things . Maybe we'll get some rain at Mondello to make things a bit more fun .
Old 23 March 2001, 03:01 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Paul ,

Will there be facilities at Mondello for storing stuff as I intend bringing a few tools , spares , oil , etc. and my alloys as I will be running on slicks . It's not that I don't trust the ISDC members but you never know what thieving scum will be about , especially when they hear that the scoobys are in town . They'll probably be able to hear your estate , sorry , wagon from Dublin whenever you go out on the track .
I'm trying to talk my photographer mate into coming but he's getting married this year and needs all his holidays .

Derek
Old 23 March 2001, 11:43 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Not sure about this but I'll ask later. I hope we can still run due to the new outbreak of F&M

Paul.
Old 23 March 2001, 07:33 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Paul

My cheque is in the post for the trackday,

Derek why not find a friendly face that will let you store stuff in their boot.

Paul is there any chance that there will be anyone there that could fit tyres for me, as I have two pzeros on hold in the boot til afterwards!

Andy

ps I think I'll need new rear pads for the day anyone care to tell a cack handed mechanical idijt how to change them?

Old 23 March 2001, 07:38 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Don't know really Andy. There is a local guy who owns a WRX and has a tyre shop. I'll ask him.

Paul.
Old 24 March 2001, 12:26 AM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Turbo,
I would prefer to fit them before hand to allow a few hundred mile bedding in rather than go straight out and roast them.

Andy
Old 24 March 2001, 12:54 PM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Andy ,
It's a fairly simple job . Bring the pads with you and me or some of the other grease monkeys will show you how to fit them .

Derek