Notices

MOT Northern Ireland

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2005, 08:19 PM
MARKUSANDEVY
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOT Northern Ireland

Just to let you all know my car passed the MOT, now some would say, no big thing!!!! But and there is always a but, he was going to fail me on my turbo timer, I managed to fiddle with it to get it to zero time, and all was well, so just a heads up for all you guys with turbo timers, be aware.
Another point of note is that i have no cats in my scoob just a pipe from turbo to small back box, and it passed the emissions test.
Old 09 November 2005, 05:35 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Curoius as to how or why they would or could fail you for having a turbo timer fitted. I switched mine off part way through the test because it becoming a pain in the *** for the tester, but there was no suggestion of failing the test because of it.

Can you offer anything more??

TT
Old 09 November 2005, 09:12 PM
MARKUSANDEVY
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Curoius as to how or why they would or could fail you for having a turbo timer fitted. I switched mine off part way through the test because it becoming a pain in the *** for the tester, but there was no suggestion of failing the test because of it.

Can you offer anything more??

TT
Yes mate I did not have mine off , should of known better!!
Anyway he said that because of risk of engine running on in a crash ie not turn off he said that it was a danger and would fail me, but I then turned it off and when I showed him this he passed me, although the look on his face when I did this was ...... well let me just say that I would of floored him on the spot if I could of got away with it.
Old 12 November 2005, 09:04 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MARKUSANDEVY
Just to let you all know my car passed the MOT, now some would say, no big thing!!!! But and there is always a but, he was going to fail me on my turbo timer, I managed to fiddle with it to get it to zero time, and all was well, so just a heads up for all you guys with turbo timers, be aware.
Another point of note is that i have no cats in my scoob just a pipe from turbo to small back box, and it passed the emissions test.

Lets be thankful not too many people have a turbo timer then lol. I'd fail cars with them anyway if I was a tester.

As for emissions. After March/April next year, it will fail. They dont test for a functioning cat over here yet, so there is no reason for it to fail on that count

Last edited by ustolemyname??stevieturbo; 12 November 2005 at 09:06 PM.