Notices

Anyone got a model report?

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2004, 11:32 AM
bluep
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a model report?

My 97 sti type r coupe is sitting in my drive way now for three weeks because i have no model report for it and it cant be sva ed without one can anyone help?
Old 08 May 2004, 08:28 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

there is no model report for the type r and not looking like there will be as there is no equivalent uk car to do comparison with .. not even the P1 as this was done under the super car rules so no type aproval...chris
Old 08 May 2004, 09:23 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Default type r

Originally Posted by wrrjones
there is no model report for the type r and not looking like there will be as there is no equivalent uk car to do comparison with .. not even the P1 as this was done under the super car rules so no type aproval...chris
chris i got sti v5 tpye r .what i need to know is when the car goes for sva test wot sort of things do i need to do in order to comply. i take turbo timer off change exhaust, fit fog light ,fit fuel neck resticter. my alloys are badly scuffed will i need to replace them? also i rear lights will they need replacing. and ive been told to remove the speakers and wind deflectors. is that true.
wher can i get details of what is exactly require in a sva test
Old 09 May 2004, 11:24 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

you will need a model report and i do not beleve there are any avilable ist the same as the verson4 ... chris
Old 10 May 2004, 09:31 AM
bluep
Scooby Regular

Your in the same boat as me mate but i might be sorted out and i will pass on the info.And dont be doing any of the work to your car for the test cause it is included in price
Old 12 May 2004, 01:26 AM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

hi mate any luck yet on your model report. mines a 98 model so i think technically it will have a different model report, Model reports are based on the cars Applied model code and im sure there are different for our cars
Old 12 May 2004, 12:58 PM
bluep
Scooby Regular

Reports are different mate.I am trying to find out the manufacture date of mine cause if it was 96 then i dont need a report.Only one web site modelreports.com do them and they havent made one for either of our cars yet Looks like it is just gonna be an impatient wait Do you mind mate if i ask where you got yours

Trending Topics

Old 12 May 2004, 01:37 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

if youre talking about the car got it from japan via importers from ireland
still working on the model report
Old 31 May 2004, 04:08 PM
Sprint Chief
Scooby Regular

It is still possible to get a model report for a car that does not have a UK equivalent so all is not necessarily lost! If you can get enough people together it is possible to chip in money and get a model report. These are expensive but if enough people club together - then you can rent out the model report in the future (via sites like modelreport.com) and over time claw the money back.

The type-r's carry japanese type approval - the vehicle type and designation MUST appear on the japanese de-reg document. Otherwise you are truly stuffed.

If the vehicle is manufactured on or after 1st Jan 1997 you must pass additional noise and emissions requirements. These can only be tested at approved stations and typically cost £1000 for noise and £2000 for emissions.

Some vehicles manufactured after 1st October 1997 must be tested for protective steering requirements and this is where comparison to an existing vehicle is normally made.

Vehicles built after 1st October 1998 an immobiliser must be fitted.

The biggest problem is for front and side impact protection, which only applies to vehicles after 1st October 2003 and therefore won't affect any type-Rs. This would end up costing around £12k for the test plus the cost of the vehicle This is where having a UK equivalent is really essential, but shouldn't apply to you.

There is a risk with any of these tests that the vehicle may fail and need re-testing

Edited to add: protective steering only applies to 4x4s with separate chassis and vehicles with steering gear ahead of the A-post (e.g. Lucidas) therefore the protective steering issue does not apply. Apparently Millbrook will do a combined emissions and noise test (typically) for around £1500 (this was some time back - prices may have increase)

Last edited by Sprint Chief; 31 May 2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04 August 2004, 02:41 PM
jabran200
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sprint Chief
The type-r's carry japanese type approval - the vehicle type and designation MUST appear on the japanese de-reg document. Otherwise you are truly stuffed.
what do you mean by this? is there a way without the model report or is this required.
Old 04 August 2004, 09:20 PM
OrangeRA
Scooby Regular

This might interest you:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=350407