Notices

Edwin Long - Newtownards

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2004, 01:47 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted a while back asking if they had lost the Subaru franchise. It seems that they have.

However, they can still supply Subaru cars etc. and I would like to continue to deal with them as they have done a great job for me. My car is coming up to 1 year old so does anyone know the warranty implications, for years 2 and 3, of having the car serviced at Long's? I suspect there is no problem with the Subaru warranty, due to the change in the law recently, but years 2 and 3 are dealer warranty and so I've no idea how they fare. My 10,000 mile service is due soon and I don't want anyone in Belfast anywhere near my car.

I am somewhat annoyed about this as I feel it is very bad treatment from IM and it is my intention to write to them. In view of this treatment from IM I really can't see me buying another Subaru when I come to change in about a year. I suspect that Subaru are going to do what the marketing people in M&S did a while back which was to aim at a new market, which wasn't interested in them, and in the mean time alienate their current customers.