Notices

Edwin Long - Newtownards

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2003, 08:20 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed a Subaru advert in the Belfast Tele tonight. Usual stuff, with a list of dealers along the bottom. The one thing I noticed were that Long's were not listed among the dealers.

Now, I know that Subaru have been playing games with dealerships lately. Does anyone know if Long's are still official Subaru dealers or if they have been dropped?

I would be most annoyed if this were the case. While their place may not appear to be anything fancy I found them very good indeed and would certainly deal with them again.

I'm concerned as it seems of late Subaru are going for "fancy shop" over "good service" when selecting their dealers.
Old 17 November 2003, 02:07 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron
I hope Eddie's hasn't closed down as he wasn't that hard to pay compared to some of the other bigger outfits.

Also I hope not as I will be booking my car in for a new clutch in a few weeks.

Windyboy.
Old 19 November 2003, 10:44 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I spoke to him a while back so I know they are still there, I was just concerned that perhaps image fixated Subaru might have dropped him as an official dealer. I've nothing to indicate this other than the advert in the Belfast Tele which didn't list him but perhaps it was only a group of dealers who got together to place it and Long's were not among them. Let's hope so.

Despite the lack of "image" he will be getting any work on my car and would also get my business again when trading in.