Notices

ISDC Northern region meet

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2002, 06:14 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the regional organiser for the northern region of the Irish Subaru Drivers Club.
At the last AGM held in March in Athlone it was decided that as the club was now quite large, approximately 150 members, the club should set up regional areas and these areas could organise their own events and meets.

I was nominated and elected as the representative for the northern region. This is my first time organising something of this nature, even though I do attend as many club events as possible, so am going to start small. I would like to set up a meeting at the end of September in as central position as possible for the area for which I am responsible.

So the meeting will be at the Killyhevlin hotel in Enniskillen on Sunday 29th September 2002 at 3pm. http://www.killyhevlin.com
Meeting is probably too strong a word, it’ll just be a chance to catch up, chat about cars and events past and future.
The Killyhevlin lay on a very good Carvery lunch on a Sunday from 1pm to 2.30 pm If you would like to book for this please contact the hotel directly at 0044 2866 323 481.
The killyhevlin is approximately half a mile outside Enniskillen on the main road toward Dungannon or Dublin

All subaru enthusiasts are welcome to come along.

At this first meeting I would really like to hear your suggestions for events, meets or anything you would like to see the club doing.

Our first suggestion for an event is a rally driving event with a company called protosport alltrak in Armagh. At the first time of asking about this on the website I got zero response so I would like to hear your opinions.

It would be very useful to be able to tell the hotel rough numbers so if you are coming along could you let me know, Email is probably the most convenient (It’ll also allow me to get everyone’s email addresses as in future this would be the most efficient way of contacting everyone if possible).

I look forward to seeing you
Old 09 September 2002, 10:31 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

would somewhere a bit further north not be better, the bbq on in coleraine on the 21st has almost 40 names, and i'm sure most of them are from that direction.......only a suggestion as i'm sure you would get a good response
Old 09 September 2002, 10:45 PM
OrangeRA
Scooby Regular

Kungfu, yea we have had a good response (40+ now I think) people are travelling from all over, I think the furthest at the minute is about 150 miles.

I have confirmed names of people coming from Newry, Donegal, Belfast, Bangor, Cookstown, Dromore etc…

Only problem with the 29th is the 4Play Performance Styling & Tuning Show is on in the Odyssey.

Otherwise I might have made it myself...

[Edited by Performance_Subaru - 9/9/2002 10:47:53 PM]
Old 22 September 2002, 02:35 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Old 09 October 2002, 04:45 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Enniskillen is resonably central for the area for which I am responsible, which includes counties like monaghan, donegal, Cavan and louth, of course it isn't going to suit every one but this is to be the first of many meets and a face to face meeting with members / potential members may sort out where is most suitable to hold regular meets.

[Edited by Andy W - 9/10/2002 4:49:43 PM]