Notices

Rolling Road

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2002, 10:22 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering how many peoples engines Triple 7 has actually blew up. I know of 1 personally, and through word of mouth from a breaker local to him, said he knew of at least 6/7 others he has blew up while attempting to tune them.? Anyone else had such good luck with him?
Old 13 June 2002, 09:48 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

Don't know anything about them, but out of interest are there other rr facilities in N.Ireland?
Old 15 June 2002, 11:48 AM
Scooby Regular

I think Des Moore Rallying in county armagh has one, although I have never heard any reports, be they good or bad. No news is good news?? or if he was any good, more people would have heard about him...
Regards Triple7, I have heard several bad reports ranging from just plain rough work, to engine destruction, so would not reccomend to anyone, even if it was only a 1000cc corsa.
There is another in dublin by the name TTI. I will be checking them out soon, as on the phone at least they do sound a little more knowledgable. And dublin isnt too far away ( And the petrol is LOT cheaper!!! )
They are both listed under motec dealers, although...beware so is Triple 7
Here are the other 2 for ireland/north and south.

TTI Race and Rally
Bernard Smyth
Ember Lodge
Kilbride
Dublin 15
Tel: 00353 1 825 6856
Fax: 00353 1 825 6857
E-mail: bs@tti.ie

Des Moore Race and Rally
Des Moore
46 Carrickaduff Road
Keady
Co. Armagh
Tel: 028 375 38633
Fax: 028 375 39286
E-mail: dmr@start.at

Again, I have no experience with either of these 2, so I would like to hear from anyone who can reccomend a good rolling road operator and facility. We need one over here
Old 16 June 2002, 10:08 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

I have used Triple7 with no problems whatsoever,as have some of my friends with rally cars and have never heard any bad reports.I would be interested to know who the breaker was who told you the horror stories?
SD.
Old 19 June 2002, 02:23 AM
Scooby Regular

I speak from personal experience, and the breaker is in Co. Tyrone..., so maybe not too far from you.
Engines he has overfuelled like mad while "tuning" causing bearing failure, due to the oil turning to **** with too much fuel wash. Another person, whos subaru wasnt going too well...He sorted it by getting a big screwdriver, and bending the wastegate actuator..IN FRONT OF THE OWNER!!!!!!! ROUGH or what.
Another subaru, returned with a major misfire under load... He changed the plugs we had put in...WHY?? He claimed the wrong heat range, even though the plugs he put in where the same heat range. We fitted a new set of plugs, the same as we had put in originally, and the misfire was cured. Not even sure what the plugs were for that he did put in, but they definatley were not the correct ones. The real reason he removed the first plugs, was he overfuelld the car, and soaked them with so much petrol, that he fuc*ked them up.
He is a cowboy, plain and simple, and I would not reccomend him to anyone.