Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

How to link an Iphone or any MP3 device with standard headunit Hawkeye WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2013, 08:10 PM
BillyBrown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to link an Iphone or any MP3 device with standard headunit Hawkeye WRX STI

I am just wondering if anyone can please help me out with trying to link my Iphone or any other MP3 device with the standard headunit/stereo in my 56 reg wrx sti?

My obvious choice was one of them cassettes with a head phone jack coming off on a wire but every I put it in my stereo it spits it back out

I am not the most clued up about what up to date things are on the market to link phones with stereo's etc so any help would be appreciated. Are there any aux ports on the rear of the standard stereo?

I would like to keep my car standard looking inside so keeping the standard head unit would be a bonus. Also my rear door speaker are not working even when I adjust the fade on the stereo, and neither does my *** lighter? Not that I smoke its just annoying I can't plug my sat nav in.

Thank you
Billy
Old 20 June 2013, 08:45 PM
stevep360
Scooby Regular

parrot mki 9100 and a sot, will work then over bluetooth streaming and you have the benefit of hands free too, will take some pics of mine when i get car back from detailers
Old 21 June 2013, 11:21 AM
BillyBrown
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevep360
parrot mki 9100 and a sot, will work then over bluetooth streaming and you have the benefit of hands free too, will take some pics of mine when i get car back from detailers
Cheers Steve, pics would be good. Thanks
Old 22 June 2013, 08:11 PM
stevep360
Scooby Regular

Here you go mate, this is as subtle as I can go, screen is obviously hidden when ashtray is closed