Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Sti 6 seats into a uk turbo,

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2013, 03:50 PM
dazzle316
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti 6 seats into a uk turbo,

Hello, this has probably been done loads, but will the above sti version 6 full interior (front and back seats plus 4 door cards) fit ok into my turbo 2000, I'm sure they do its just my rear seat folds and The jdm rear seats are solid, would this be a problem? And how easy is it to swap it all round
Thanks
Old 18 June 2013, 06:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I have that exact combination in my 98 car.

The only things to watch are:

You will lose the split/fold rear seat, (which you probably never use, but will need in the future, trust me....)

To support the new rear seat back properly, you need to get the support bar and it's two bolts from the donor car. Also good to have the plastic seat backing and the rubber/felt one too.

When fitting the FRONT seats, insert all bolts by hand, whilst wiggling the seat etc to get them to go in. They should ALL go in finger tight almost all the way, then just need nipping up with the socket set. DO NOT force the bolts, as it strips the threads almost instantly
Old 18 June 2013, 06:08 PM
dazzle316
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I have that exact combination in my 98 car.

The only things to watch are:

You will lose the split/fold rear seat, (which you probably never use, but will need in the future, trust me....)

To support the new rear seat back properly, you need to get the support bar and it's two bolts from the donor car. Also good to have the plastic seat backing and the rubber/felt one too.

When fitting the FRONT seats, insert all bolts by hand, whilst wiggling the seat etc to get them to go in. They should ALL go in finger tight almost all the way, then just need nipping up with the socket set. DO NOT force the bolts, as it strips the threads almost instantly
Cool thanks would it be easier to keep my rear seats in or would it look stupid with uk rears and sti fronts? Only the sti 6 seats look ace(especially the front ones) and would finish my car off nicely, are the door trims easy to swap mate, picking interior up fri so will be swapping it round over the weekend
Old 18 June 2013, 08:06 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Rears are two bolts along the front edge of the seat squab, lift and pull it out. Then three more bolts along the base of the seat back. Knock it upwards at both ends and lift it out. Refit is hook it over at the top and then as above in reverse.

Doorcards are easy, first one takes maybe half an hour, next one fifteen minutes, last two ten apiece.
You done a doorcard before?
Old 19 June 2013, 03:18 AM
dazzle316
Scooby Regular

Not swapped door cards before, but as u say cant be too hard, thanks for your help mate
Old 19 June 2013, 08:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Easy enough. A clip on the the front edge, plus a screw under a cover. Then lift the FRONT edge of the window switches with a flat blade screwdriver, and remove that, unplugging it's wiring. DO NOT attempt to lever the REAR of the switch or it's locating tang snaps ...ask me how I know....
There is another screw hidden by that.

After that, start at the bottom rear and using a large flat-bladed screwdriver, or similar, lift the door card away from the doorshell to free the popper clips. Once all are out, knock the doorcard upwards and off it comes.

Replacement: It often helps to have the window down. First hook the top over the doorshell, ensuring the inner trim is seated along the top edge.
Now ensure the wiring pokes back through for the window switch, and knock all the poppers back into place. Replace screw, window switch, second screw and clip and it's done.
Old 21 June 2013, 06:44 PM
dazzle316
Scooby Regular

Sti 6 Interior in now very happy, much nicer than my old 1, seats are superior in support 2 👍
Old 17 July 2013, 08:26 PM
Keithys
Scooby Regular

Hi ive just got some for mine did you need the support bar for the rear seat if so any chance of a pic please
Old 17 July 2013, 08:33 PM
dazzle316
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Keithys
Hi ive just got some for mine did you need the support bar for the rear seat if so any chance of a pic please
Hi mate you do need to put the support bar in, there holes already in the Rear for this too screw into, there located under the plastic trim (in my00 uk) where the old seats split, if I can get a pic I will mate,
Old 18 July 2013, 09:15 PM
Keithys
Scooby Regular

Brill thanks mate