Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

2010 STi ICE advice

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2013, 10:05 AM
waxil
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 STi ICE advice

I'm looking to replace the standard head unit with something that does bluetooth handsfree and has iPhone connectivity.

Found this which fits the bill;
Pioneer 2-DIN RDS Tuner with Bluetooth, Mixtrax, USB and Aux-In: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics Pioneer 2-DIN RDS Tuner with Bluetooth, Mixtrax, USB and Aux-In: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

But wanted to check that it would hook up to my steering wheel controls so I rang halfords (they also sell the same model but much dearer http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_265857)

But, they said i would need;
Steering wheel control lead - £89.99
Facia Adaptor - £49
ISO converter lead - £20
Fitting - £29.99

Been trying to find these parts cheaper online separately but so far no luck. Can't even locate part numbers
Has anyone swapped a head unit in one of these before?

Apparently there was a factory upgrade to a "navigation" unit which fits the bill, but I can't find one of those either!!!

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 31 May 2013, 08:49 PM
fudumped
Scooby Regular

hi mate I went down the navi upgrade route but was expensive and not easy as you have to track the wiring but I have a contact for a guy in the states who does transplant wiring for non navi cars to fit the navi unit it makes the job easier

the wiring plugs in the car are not the same for the navi unit infact not one is the same but let me know if you need halp finding wires etc etc as ive done and will help if I can

regards phil
Old 01 June 2013, 08:10 AM
waxil
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Phil... Sounds like the navi route is going to be an expensive hassle!
Going to go the pioneer option if i can locate the parts i need slightly cheaper (cant justify £90 for a cable!!)