Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Hawkeye Dials into Blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2012, 02:50 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hawkeye Dials into Blobeye

Hello Folks, I've done some forum searching and some googling and it seems like this is a fairly straight forward modification... but although lots of people talk about this swap - I've found very few reports from people who have actually done it!

Before coughing up for some Hawk dials, I'd like to know if anybody has documented the process anywhere. I'd like clarification on what I believe to be the process

From what I can gather the unit is a straight fit into the blobeye dashboard. The left plug goes into the right socket and vice versa but one of the plugs needs a bit of plastic trimming off of it to fit into the socket.

Once plugged in, the diff temp and the handbrake lights will be permenantly on. These can be blanked off, but I've also read it may be possible to fix these by reversing the polarity on those connections(?). If anybody has got anything concrete on that I would appreciate it.

Finally the mileage, I guess I can pay for a legit service for this to be corrected(?). Does anybody know what I can expect to pay for such a service?

Thanks All