Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

digital dash

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2012, 11:39 PM
pugsleygti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default digital dash

been looking at race technology dash.... any other recommendations for a reasonably priced dash

chris
Old 08 April 2012, 04:13 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Race technology Dash2 is OK,but pain to setup correctly.Are you are running SimTek or Syvecs,MoTec or which ECU?

If you are running above mentioned aftermarket ECU you will need CAN cable,not sure if SimTek is CANbus ready,but this i would ask your mapper or ECU supplier

If not you will need run analogue signals like for RPM,speed,water,oil temp and pressure plus for boost and other function what you would like to monitor,which means extra cash for extra sensors,plus biggest pain is setup correct reading of fuel gauge

Second option is STACK dash which have all sensor included and price is around £800,but i've seen one for £500 used one in perfect condition

We are running Dash2 which is OK,but still is not setup'ed correctly,will need finer look

Jura
Old 08 April 2012, 04:30 PM
pugsleygti
Scooby Regular

I have a simtek ecu... i was assuming i would need to get separate sensors , but didn't really think it would be that complicated, not that i was fitting it...does it have to run through the ecu as well???? I like the look of that one thats why i thought that one but maybe not worth the hassle then????? motec is to expensive and not so keen on the look of the stack one with the rev counter......
Old 08 April 2012, 04:38 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pugsleygti
I have a simtek ecu... i was assuming i would need to get separate sensors , but didn't really think it would be that complicated, not that i was fitting it...does it have to run through the ecu as well???? I like the look of that one thats why i thought that one but maybe not worth the hassle then????? motec is to expensive and not so keen on the look of the stack one with the rev counter......
Not sure about the SimTek,i would ask enginetunner about the your ECU if have CANbus or CAN,if not you will need run separate sensor as i said for everything.

If you want able to run through the ECU your ECU must be OBD/CAN/CANbus compatible

MoTec is expensive,we are running Syvecs S6pnp and this ECU is CAN and CANbus compatible,but new SimTek range is too CAN/CANbus compatible

If its worth hassle,yes is worth,if will be setup'd correctly will be perfect and really i like the DASH2,second option is AIM Pista which is more expensive model

Jura
Old 08 April 2012, 07:52 PM
pugsleygti
Scooby Regular

OK that's what I wanted to hear. I will speak to Martin and see what the crack is with the ecu, if it has to all run with separate sensors then so be it.

Cheers for the advice, sorry if I sound a bit thick I leave the technical stuff to the people who know what there doing
Old 08 April 2012, 08:05 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pugsleygti
OK that's what I wanted to hear. I will speak to Martin and see what the crack is with the ecu, if it has to all run with separate sensors then so be it.

Cheers for the advice, sorry if I sound a bit thick I leave the technical stuff to the people who know what there doing
Best will be speak with Martyn about the SimTek and he will for sure know,what will be best option for you

On Race technology you can buy several ECU interface and i'm one will work with yours and for sure i would contact too Race Technology about the sensor,plus on eBay selling Andy Race Technology Dash2 for good price including ECU/CAN cable,we are bought from him

Jura
Old 10 April 2012, 12:04 AM
minty
Scooby Regular

Would u mind letting me/us how you go please Chris, as I too have a Simtec & am wanting to get a digital dash at some point. Cheers Chris.
Old 15 April 2012, 10:39 PM
pugsleygti
Scooby Regular

will do.....where u from in the midlands?