Lockwood dial kit question

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2002, 03:37 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Folks, more than likely scooby_si,

Can someone with a Lockwood replacement dial kit take a quick measurement for me if you can. I need to know the diameter of the needle hole on the fuel/temp dial faces which enables it to slide safely over the needle. I'm imagining it's around the 12mm range but if someone could confirm that would be great.

Cheers
Old 05 April 2002, 06:12 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Aint got a ruler 2 hand but i have got my dials as they are currently, & hopefully 4 the last time, undergoing work! The fuel & water temp uns are about, guestimate, 5 mm or so just smaller than the actual width of the black bit of the needle but slips underneath & then u slide a black piece in from the other direction 2 complete the finish so only really needs to be as wide as the spindle i suppose
If u wanted a hole big enuff 2 slip over the speedo & Rev without needing 2 remove the needle u wood need at least 15mm which is about the width of the speedo & rev needle.
Anyway i need a soldering iron now 2 burn off the needle on my only working rev dial b4 sticking 1 of the needles from any of me busted uns
Si