Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Gauges and MY94 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2002, 02:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Some might be aware that I have a MY94 WRX Wagon.

As most know, the early cars do not have an oddment tray so we can't have the normal gauge pod, so a DIN sized gauge holder might be cool.

James Coyne was asking on iwoc about DIN sized gauge holders and emailed me a link to this site.

It's designed for an MR2 but it's DIN sized, and takes 52mm gauges.

now for the questions,

* Do you reckon it would fit in my car? it's got a spare DIN sized slot, and my stereo used to be in this spare slot so I know it is a DIN sized hole.

* Defi's come in 52mm size, so could I use defi gauges in it? Now the interesting thing here is that for the Defi stuff you must have turbo gauge as this is the one where all the leccy stuff goes through (or am I wrong?). Problem is I have a GReddy A-pilar pod, which has an HKS boost gauge in it, so guess I could get a Defi boost gauge in there and then 3 other defi gauges for this pod.
Now, I'm not sure what size my HKS gauge is (how do I measure it?) but I think it's bigger than 52 mm, so could I get a bigger defi boost gauge for the a-pillar pod, but have the 52mm other gauges and still have it all connected together?
Ideally I'd want boost and oil temp gauges. But what about the two remaining holes? what should I go for? EGT? Oil pressure? Volts? what can you get in defi 52mm?

* what would the defi stuff cost?

* where could I get it from?

thanks for any info
Old 22 March 2002, 03:09 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hiya Markus, I had an e-mail conversation with Nitosport a few weeks back and they do a centre console replacement which is designed to hold gauges. The other alternative is to have a couple of steering column mounted pods which Nitosport can also supply which is probably the way I'm going to go if I ever get round to it. I'm probably going to get the boost on the A-column and oil pressure and temp in the steering column pods.

The three pods and three gauges would cost £600 from Nitosport, the actual gauge prices are on the website.

I believe that the turbo is not the only Defi gauge sold with the controller, check out the NewAgeMotorsport site (when it is back up) as I think they list the other options!
Old 22 March 2002, 03:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, will have a chat tonight about this as well (if you and the collective are still coming?)

have emailed the chap whose site I mention to see how much the thing costs.
Old 22 March 2002, 11:51 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Markus,

Let me know what the guy says about the prices, possible group buy ??

How was the scooby snacks meet ??

Old 25 March 2002, 01:33 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Got email back from the guy, no mention of prices though

He said that the not all 52mm gauges would fit as they have to shave 1mm from top and bottom of each gauge to get it to fit. So maybe not the best solution then.
Old 25 March 2002, 06:02 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Smile

Modifying the gauges to fit in the pod does not sound like a very good idea, especially if your spending all that money on Defis.

I forgot to talk to you on Friday about gauges! I had a picture of the centre gauge pod from Nitosport but seem to have mislaid it, try mailing them they are helpful.
Old 26 March 2002, 09:03 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Does the 1 from Nitosprt fit an early car as it looked like only pix on their web site were 4 a MY98+ I could be rong & i trully hope i am as i want a 3 pod housing 4 middle of me MY97 turbo 2000
Si

Trending Topics

Old 28 March 2002, 04:12 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Smile

The Nitosport centre is only in the prototype phase so doesn't appear on the website, try mailing them and ask for the picture. I did have the picture but I've managed to lose it!
Old 03 April 2002, 06:21 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Here we have the prototype images from nito although they don't float me boat 2b honest so i may just m8 do with a single gauge 4 oil temp by da window

Si

Old 05 April 2002, 03:51 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Wink

Markus,

Have you looked at HKS? They do a DIN sized thingy that holds three of their gauges (46mm ones). So you could have your boost on the a-pillar and then have oil temp/pressure and egt in the centre. The DIN holder is quite expensive, bout £100 i think.

Thats the way i'm probably gonna go anyway.

Tony.
MY93 WRX.
Old 05 April 2002, 03:57 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

hmm, I kinda like the nitosport one, apart from the carbon, I'm not really into the whole carbon thing.

As for HKS, I'll go have a look. Seeing as the a-pillar gauge is an HKS having other HKS gear might be nice, but I'm a sucker for the Defi's!
Old 05 April 2002, 06:04 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

Where can i look at theses hks goodies?
Si
Old 06 April 2002, 09:41 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I didn't know HKS did one til the other day, i saw it in the brochure (the big thick japanese one!). Don't think you can get one of these as they are only given to dealers tho. Best thing to do is have a word with your nearest dealer, the part no. for the 3 gauge DIN holder is 5404-SN002 or 5402-SN002 for a DIN sized holder for one gauge and two controllers (such as the EVC 4 or the Super AFR). They are both about 8500 yen, dont know if thats a trade price tho.

Hope that helps,

Tony.
Old 06 April 2002, 10:39 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Question

Der mode on: do u mean dealer as in scoob dealer or is there such a thing as a hks dealer?
Anyway der mode round 2, Wot do u mean when u say DIN? Just wanted 2 check (wot with being such a fool) wot sort of housing we were actually talking about here as if anywhere around £50 sounds quite healthy
Cheers
Si
Old 06 April 2002, 11:55 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Si,

By dealer i mean HKS dealer (such as TDi, Jap Innovations etc.). By Din sized i mean that it is the size of a CD/cassette head unit so it will fit in the spare slot in WRXs.

Hope thats a bit clearer,

Tony.
Old 06 April 2002, 12:04 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Red face

Cheers, Is this spare slot the same as the 1 used on the nitosprot pix above as i am unfamiliar with the wrx so was wondering if it was the same as a lowly turbo 2000 uk car?
Any web sites for such hks dealerships to hand perchance? (aint i a demanding lill bugger?)
Si
Old 06 April 2002, 04:33 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Si,

If yours is an early UK car then it will not have a spare DIN slot, its only the jap imports (the bit from below the heater controls to the gear stick has a different design). Sorry.

Torque developments web site is www.tdi-plc.com, and Jap Innovations is www.jap-innovations.co.uk. However you won't find any pics of the DIN slot, but if you phone them with the part no. im sure they could get a price.

Tony.

If you want a picture of the spare Din slot on my car i could e-mail it to you if want?