Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

triple auto guages help

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2009, 11:13 AM
martinp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default triple auto guages help

hi guys bought these guages and pod for my 99 classic oil pressure ,oil temp and boost guage every thing is with them but i havent a notion how to fit them would appreciate any help on fittting these tks
Old 02 November 2009, 11:47 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Tried a search? There a few threads with "how to" content
Old 02 November 2009, 04:11 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martinp
hi guys bought these guages and pod for my 99 classic oil pressure ,oil temp and boost guage every thing is with them but i havent a notion how to fit them would appreciate any help on fittting these tks
good luck matey, i've had my 3 sat in a cupboard for 3 months, no one is willing to touch them in terms of fitting, unless you want to pay several hundred quid for the privilege! As for the how to's they give you some info, but if your not 100% confident with mechanics and wiring, and you feel just giving it a go and hoping you get it right, id stay well clear as they aren't all that in-depth and clear in a lot of cases and for me when im talking about wiring in gauges to my cars electrics, fitting sensors and messing with things i wanna know i'm doing it 110% right and not bodged with blutak and a bit of faith!

Not that im saying these guys here have don that, i'm just saying i've had great trouble getting mine done and still on the look out for someone to fit them for me who knows what they are doing and won't kill my car in the process!
Old 02 November 2009, 04:13 PM
Garxor
Scooby Newbie

Default Defi gauges?

Are they Defi gauges?

If so, Defi Link System/Gauges - How to Install - eGauges.com should be helpful.

I'd also bear in mind the points in the previous post.

Last edited by Garxor; 02 November 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02 November 2009, 05:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by stevekoz
good luck matey, i've had my 3 sat in a cupboard for 3 months, no one is willing to touch them in terms of fitting, unless you want to pay several hundred quid for the privilege! As for the how to's they give you some info, but if your not 100% confident with mechanics and wiring, and you feel just giving it a go and hoping you get it right, id stay well clear as they aren't all that in-depth and clear in a lot of cases and for me when im talking about wiring in gauges to my cars electrics, fitting sensors and messing with things i wanna know i'm doing it 110% right and not bodged with blutak and a bit of faith!

Not that im saying these guys here have don that, i'm just saying i've had great trouble getting mine done and still on the look out for someone to fit them for me who knows what they are doing and won't kill my car in the process!
It's actually not rocket science, or black magic, mate. You need some tools and not much know-how, tbh. The "how to" pages deal with what tools you need, assemble them first, then away you go.
Allow a day to do it, inc breaks for coffee and thought

If you lived a bit closer, I'd give you a hand myself
Old 02 November 2009, 05:29 PM
martinp
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by alcazar
It's actually not rocket science, or black magic, mate. You need some tools and not much know-how, tbh. The "how to" pages deal with what tools you need, assemble them first, then away you go.
Allow a day to do it, inc breaks for coffee and thought

If you lived a bit closer, I'd give you a hand myself
after searching all day i found a site that explains all with pics as well and a friend from si is going to help me thanks for your help anyway much appreciatted m8