Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

USDM to EDM STI CLuser Swap (Combination Meter in Subaru Lingo)

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2009, 09:28 PM
fatedgod
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question USDM to EDM STI CLuser Swap (Combination Meter in Subaru Lingo)

Cross Posting This One Here:

Hi all, new here and I'm hoping someone on this board will have the info I'm looking for (because NASIOC definitely doesn't). I have a 2004 WRX Wagon (USDM) and I have acquired the Prodrive style STI cluster from an EDM STI. It has the DCCD display and shift light, it is not DEFI style. I'm hoping people here will be more familiar with this cluster, since they are very rare in the US. First, I need to figure out the year of the cluster. It looks like this, I'm sure you guys have seen it:

It fit the USDM 04 WRX harness perfectly, but some of the pins must be different because the ABS, Handbrake, and Read Diff Temp lights stay on. Also, the cruise control light doesn't seem to work: I heard someone mention on NASIOC that the EDM cars didn't have cruise control, so I want to verify that.

My chief desire here is to find a wiring diagram for this cluster, if anyone can provide that, I will be eternally grateful. After that, I think I can figure out making it work. My goal is to fully integrate this into my 04 USDM WRX and make it fully functional. Please let me know if I've left anything out.

Cheers,
JP

Last edited by fatedgod; 27 May 2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:22 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks identical to the cluster in my 2002 Prodrive-style Bugeye STI. There is importance in the "Prodrive-style" part of this, because your cluster has a blue face, unlike the "normal" Bugeye STI. Cruise control light probably won't work because, as you've been advised, we don't have cruise control fitted on "newage" Impreza's (the new hatches inexplicably have it though..). Can I check that it illuminates green?

I have the STI supplement for the 2002 Impreza which I think may have the wiring diagrams in - if you want to PM me your email address I'll send them over to you.