Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

MOMO Gearknob on Newage Blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2009, 10:31 AM
Lindowkid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOMO Gearknob on Newage Blobeye

Can't seem to find a momo **** that attaches the gaiter. All the **** seem to attach with a lug screw and ignore the gaiter. Any thoughts or do you just let it flap about ?
Old 20 May 2009, 11:20 AM
richiewong
Twatful

They don't have collars so just flap, sometimes the stiffness of the gaiter will keep it in place though.

Do a search on ebay for subaru and STi *****, if you find a specific one they will come with a collar attached
Old 20 May 2009, 02:59 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Wink

I'd avoid MoMo anyway, I won't have another.

I've just had to spend a morning doing a repair on my Race air leather/ally one.

The badge fell off ages ago and the leather was coming away, plus the grub screws that hold it in place are only threaded into ally, so if you have to keep tightening them, or overtighten one, it strips the thread and that's it.

I turned up a steel tube that fits snugly INSIDE the ****, and snugly OVER the gear lever, and then Araldited it into the ****, and pinned it in place through the lower part of the ****, using a piece of 1.6mm brass rod I then filed flat where it protruded..

I've then drilled it 5mm where the old grub screw holes were, and tapped it M6, bought three M6 grubscrews for 85p and put them in. It now fits formly with no CHANCE of wobble causing screws to come loose. Plus the grub screws are now through STEEL too, so less chance of threads stripping.

The leather has been fixed back with superglue, and where the badge was, I carefully dripped black gloss into it from the handle of a small paintbrush until it JUST filled it, then left it to harden for a week.

Looks pretty good, and I have the option of getting a tiny vinyl Subaru sign made, put that on the black and varnish/laquer it.