Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

2004 Blob Sti interior into 2007 hawk WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2009, 11:02 PM
Potiriadis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Blob Sti interior into 2007 hawk WRX?

Advice please,

I am finding the seats in my WRX to be a bit short of Squab, and just not as comfortable as my 08 STi or my old Bug Eye STi. I have just put bid on e-bay for a complete 2004 Sti interior, any reason why it would not fit. Also, any reason why I could not fit it myself.

The only thing I can think of is that my WRX has side airbgags, and I don't know if the 04 Sti had side airbags?

I'll say this right now, I'm not trying tp make my WRX into and STi. If I had wanted an STi I would have bought one. I just want some more comfortable seats.

Yes I am a lucky b@$t@rd to have two scoobys. I have a really understanding wife who loves sensible family cars.
Old 17 May 2009, 11:06 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a straight swap and fairly straightforward. If the new seats don't have airbags you'll need to get hold of either Subaru's dummy squibs at about £7 each, or fit a 3.3 ohm resistor into each airbag cable (I paid £2 for 50). This will prevent the airbag light coming on

I just hope you haven't bid for the seats I'm watching (waiting for my savings to build back up) after all my kind advice
Old 19 May 2009, 12:49 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

i think the 04 sti seats have an air bag the better seats to go for are out of a bugeye with no air bags either way straight swap, the only problem you will have is the door cards the switches are different
Old 19 May 2009, 02:19 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

04 sti seats have no airbag, I think it was hawkeye before the airbags came into sti seats. Only issue is as above the door cards will be different unless it is a MY05 interior. So best bet would be to sell the doorcards and buy the correct ones for your year of car, the seats however will be no problem apart from the airbags. cheaper alternative is to do what I did. I got hold of a pair of euro import front seats. These are same as sti seats but trimmed in WRX material. They also have no airbags. I picked up a pair for £110 and sold my airbagged WRX seats for £75 so only cost me £35 to change plus a couple of resisters from Maplins.
Old 19 May 2009, 08:29 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

these the ones you mean
Old 19 May 2009, 11:05 PM
Potiriadis
Scooby Regular

Yup, I see what you mean. I just miss my old bug eye STi, and a set of STi buckets are what I crave. Does anyone have an idiot's guide to installing these seats from a previous thread as there are Haynes manuals for Imprezas?

By the way, do all of the European imports have the central contrasting panel on the seat base?
Old 19 May 2009, 11:37 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

when I fitted my front seats I removed the old ones and put the new ones in through the back doors, a hell of a lot easier than trying to get them in the front. only about 4 bolts and the airbag and seat belt warning buzzer wires to disconnect, The back seats also are easy to get out, just a few bolts. And yes the import non airbag seats are as above, although as mine is a 2003 model they are all black as per my originals. A lot more comfy and better to look at than the std airbagged seats.
Old 19 May 2009, 11:42 PM
Potiriadis
Scooby Regular

Daz,

Where are the bolts for securing the rear seats?

Also do you know an easy way to remove the door cards?
Old 20 May 2009, 07:08 AM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

there is a guide for rear seat removal in technical topics, as it has to come out when changing fuel pump, also a guide on door cards is on scoobypedia, it is however a guide for fitting hawkeye cards in a blobeye, but is good enough to give you an idea
Old 27 May 2009, 07:37 AM
Potiriadis
Scooby Regular

Default YEEE HAAAAAAA

The new interior is in, I bought it of a fellow Scoobynet contributor (Bixie). I scored a blinder with a 2007 Hawkeye STi interior complete with door cards and carpets. The whole lot went in with no problems at all (none of the airbags went off ). The only thing I did not put in was the blue carpet as I prefer the look of the black carpet.

So now obviously I have a full set of WRX seats and door cards for a Hawkeye to dispose of before the wife does it for me.

I am no suffering from a mild case of what next, I think that I need to give my bank balance a rest, but I can see the next target being Tyres/Wheels/Suspension. I ruined my mini cooper's ride to improve handling and grip, I do not want to make the same mistake with the WRX, which I bought because it was more comfortable than the STi.

Anyway thank you all for your support and
Old 06 June 2009, 09:23 PM
aaruck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RED2
these the ones you mean
These are euro import hawkeye seats?