What Cancels the indicators???

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2009, 12:55 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Cancels the indicators???

I have a bugeye STI JDM.

The horn stopped working on it and I traced it back to the coil that sits behind the steering wheel and in front of the steering column.

I replaced it with a second hand part and now find I have to turn the steering wheel a lot lot more for them to cancel.

What I want to know is what cancels the indicators, is it this coil thing or is it something on the column.

Andy
Old 30 April 2009, 03:02 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How you doing Andy.Right from your discription you have replaced the steering squib/coil spring get the car wheels straight not via the steering wheel because from the description the steering wheel is out of line with the wheels slightly take the steering wheel off again turn the centre of the coil fully clockwise until it stops dont force it tho then back it off 3.1/2 turns,line up the steering wheel with the pegs on the steering centre and refit your steering wheel and that should be it,there should be a sticker on the centre describing this ,let me know how you get on
Old 30 April 2009, 03:10 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Hello mate, hows things up north.

I did all that when i put it on. for the indicators to cancel I have to turn the steering wheel the same amount left or right.

Any idea?
Old 30 April 2009, 03:19 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No Andy I aint but it has to be with the coil spring because its the internals of the plastic or should I say the external of the inner cover that contact the indicator stalks to cancel them and they only go in one way.have you had the coil spring apart by anychance with the ribbon wiring apart ???try not to because they are a pain to get back together without damaging the ribbon putting it back together.
Old 30 April 2009, 03:26 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

I havent had it apart. Im sure the one I got came off an STI V7. saying that if it came off a WRX that might explain why its doing this.

What you think?