Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

sti seats into a wrx-airbag question

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2008, 02:46 PM
neill70
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti seats into a wrx-airbag question

hi i am looking at putting a set of the blue/black sti seats into my wrx, both are 02 reg, thing is my seats have side airbags just wondering if the sti seats have them too?
if not wll there be any way of turning off the airbag light without affecting the drivers and passenger airbags?
thanks for any help you can give me.
neill.
Old 16 February 2008, 09:17 PM
JamesF
Scooby Regular

Pondered this myself and have asked the same question, apprantly they fit and the airbag light will not come on with them unplugged as the STI seats dont have airbags in them.

Just what I've heard.

James.
Old 17 February 2008, 05:51 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

the airbag lights will come on but I understand you can either get a proper part from subaru or fit a resistor in the plug yourself to clear the error.
I think it is a 3.3 ohm resistor required and these can be picked up from maplins. I looked into this myself but have not done it yet so cannot 100% be sure this is right value. Also proper part is part number 98299PA040 from a previous post I looked at, but again have not checked with subaru myself.
Old 17 February 2008, 06:50 PM
neill70
Scooby Regular

i spoke to a guy in parts at subaru derby and he told me they dont sell anything to help me, plus i want to be sure the front airbags will still work ok so i am a bit stuck at the mo, but i drove an eagle eye sti yesterday (and an aston martin vanquish ) and the seats didnt seem to offer any more side support than mine so i might not bother changing them after all.