Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

turbo seats and my back!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2008, 12:14 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo seats and my back!!

hi, does any1 else get this?? i have cloth seats in my uk turbo 2000 and the seat is killing my back lol right at the bot of my spine aka lower back......

thinkin maybe change the seats.....
Old 30 January 2008, 08:33 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Not had a problem, even on a day's drive to the south of France.

Now the Citroen seats in the wife's Xantia.............
Old 30 January 2008, 10:01 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me either, infact the turbo 200 seats were probably the best of the whole lot.
We'll they were great on the MY99 car I had.

I used to have a Calibra - now that's bad back seats!
Old 30 January 2008, 10:05 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

yeh i also have a wrx import and those seats r fine..........
Old 30 January 2008, 10:56 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure I discovered (well the GF did) a way of pushing out the lumbar support, aka the lower back support of the seat. Can't remember how though
Old 30 January 2008, 10:59 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

il have a look.... tho i didnt think u can do that on these seats lol, i kinda miss my old bm seats lol fully electric memory adjustable in everyway seats lol

if not i may swap over the wrx interior or even just get 2 new seats.. some sparcos or something...... il prob leave it for a month or so and see how things fare.
Old 30 January 2008, 02:40 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

i have a well bad back at the mo, and part of me thinks its due to the seats but i think it may b due to lefting with my back not legs an all that... u can adjust the base of the seats though, that helps. if u raise it the bottom of ur back gets more support.

Trending Topics

Old 30 January 2008, 03:14 PM
scobymad
Scooby Regular

yep in only 24 years old and the seats give me back pain (lower) i find its better the more upright the seat is
Old 30 January 2008, 03:49 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

i drove my mate & had this, this is why i wont part with the mc ray recaro seats

even with the stiffer suspension its quite comfortable
Old 30 January 2008, 03:54 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

glad to know its not just me lol il see if i can adjust anything but i dont think i will l be able to so il leave it for now and maybe change seats l8r dunno yet
Old 30 January 2008, 05:28 PM
scobymad
Scooby Regular

it is just the classic seats IMHO as ive got the newage seats in mine and they are so much better

but then again the mrs has recaros in her EP3 civic type r and they are perfect drove all the way down to the south of france and didnt complaine at all!! so comfy
Old 30 January 2008, 07:52 PM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=scobymad;7611226]it is just the classic seats IMHO as ive got the newage seats in mine and they are so much better

Totally agree, the old ones felt really supportive, but anymore that 30 miles and i used to be complaining. Now got v7 sti seats, and any distance is no problem!
Old 30 January 2008, 09:08 PM
andygsi
Scooby Newbie

Default back ach

Yes i get the same on long journeys or if im in and out of mine all day.
Old 31 January 2008, 12:15 AM
Baker
Scooby Regular

I agree, the seats in my Uk Turbo 2000 gave me back ache, in all fairness though I do suffer with lower back pains but the seats didnt help me at all.

Ive now got newage STI seats and I dont have any back ache at all when on long or short journeys.

My only problem with the newage seats are you sit a little higher but hasnt caused me any trouble so you learn to live with it.
Old 31 January 2008, 12:17 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

I agree, the seats in my Uk Turbo 2000 gave me back ache, in all fairness though I do suffer with lower back pains but the seats didnt help me at all.

Ive now got newage STI seats and I dont have any back ache at all when on long or short journeys.

My only problem with the newage seats are you sit a little higher but hasnt caused me any trouble so you learn to live with it.
gr8 that may even be cheaper and i may get a whole matching set so i can also sell my own

how much did u pay for the newage seats and is it just a straight swap?
Old 31 January 2008, 02:29 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

[quote=debbiesonic;7611781]
Originally Posted by scobymad
it is just the classic seats IMHO as ive got the newage seats in mine and they are so much better

Totally agree, the old ones felt really supportive, but anymore that 30 miles and i used to be complaining. Now got v7 sti seats, and any distance is no problem!
not all mate, the mc ray edition came with recaros. there what i managed to get, the car is perfect. even on long jerney

the wrx/uk interior was uncomfortable granted
Old 01 February 2008, 07:49 PM
Baker
Scooby Regular

Quote:

gr8 that may even be cheaper and i may get a whole matching set so i can also sell my own

From memory I paid £480 delivered, that was for the two front seats and rear bench, but I could have bought the blue cloth & alacantra ones for a little bit less.

I originally put a post up in the wanted sections and I had a fair few replys via pm so that might be worth doing, or good old fleabay is always an option!

Mine are the Black cloth & alacantra one that you find in some newage STI and the WR1 model.

Yeah everything was a straight swap, all I had to do was change my seat belt clips from my original seats on to the new ones.
Old 01 February 2008, 07:51 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

From memory I paid £480 delivered, that was for the two front seats and rear bench, but I could have bought the blue cloth & alacantra ones for a little bit less.

I originally put a post up in the wanted sections and I had a fair few replys via pm so that might be worth doing, or good old fleabay is always an option!

Mine are the Black cloth & alacantra one that you find in some newage STI and the WR1 model.

Yeah everything was a straight swap, all I had to do was change my seat belt clips from my original seats on to the new ones.
sweet, il see how things go if i can just adjust the seats to get rid of hurt lol if not then il consider the wrx seats i already got or someothers that il buy
Old 02 February 2008, 12:35 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i had problems with my back with the 97 wrx seats but after i changed them for the later 00 seats with adjustable bottoms it was fine
Old 28 February 2008, 04:01 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

its been a month already and since then i havent had a prob with the seats... no idea why my back hurt soo much im still young lol

il stay put with the seats for now and spend me money on some new lightweight alloys instead

thx for replies to post