Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

bucket seat

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2007, 07:57 AM
Chris77
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bucket seat

not sure if anyone has done this, i'm trying to fit a corbeau sprint seat to a bugeye impreza, the thing is i want to use all the orginal seat bolt pionts and i didn't want to us my existing seats sub frame. I've contacted afew companies about tailored sub frames but nobody has or makes one for a bugeye???
any way has anyone done this or know of any companies that would make something up??

cheers chris.
Old 30 July 2007, 09:37 AM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Demon thieves do subframes I'm sure, but these are usually made by the seat manufacturer.
Old 31 July 2007, 07:52 AM
Chris77
Scooby Regular

yea i though they did too but have spoken to them and they say that the sub frames they do are for bottom mounted seat not the side mounted ones i have. may give them another call, they seem helpful enough on the phone.

Chris.
Old 31 July 2007, 12:39 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try and find the measurements.

I've got a bottom mounting seat (Cobra), which I thought would fit my Imola seat, I'm going to try and move the solid bars which the sliders are mounted to outwards to see if a sidemount will then fit in.
Old 31 July 2007, 05:09 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I've recently had the same dilema. However I found these subframes from OMP. Basically you bolt these into the original locations and then fit the side mounts which your seat bolts onto.

The only snag is that mine, at the moment, aren't adjustable i.e. wont slide back and forth. However thats not a problem for me as they are in the correct position and i'm the only one going to be driving the car.

I got mine from YB racing on ebay. I think they were about £70 delivered.

I'm sureyou can get sliding rails for them but i'm not sure if height then becomes an issue.

Mine is a classic shape but i took a risk in buying New age seat mounts and it turns out they are all the same.

I hope thats of some use.

Daz
Old 31 July 2007, 11:06 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have a look on the interior mods for the scoobynet car there are details on how they modified a set off o/e seat rails to take a side mount.
Old 01 August 2007, 07:47 AM
Chris77
Scooby Regular

yea have had quick search and found one good stage by stage guide but it involoved cutting the side mounts, will have another look cheers for all the info chaps.