Boost gauge pipe? and Knock Link power

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2007, 01:18 PM
Muerde
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost gauge pipe? and Knock Link power

Hi

I have started to try and fix a multitude of non working bit in my01 wrx and need a few pointers

Firstly I think I have located old pipe work for a boost gauge can someone have a look at these pics and tell me what they might be? and if it is pipework for a boost gauge as I think it might be.
HUMYO.com - 07-07-07_2031
HUMYO.com - 07-07-07_2032
The nice white pipe dissapreas through a nice hole into the cabin, then feeds to dash then up to the right side and close to the drivers side pillar.. but I have not tried to pull it out.

Second is the failthful knock link... I know why its not working, its simply becasue the power wires... my assumtion the black and red cables are taped up behind the headunit. can I just loop these into the headunit's power supply? an advice on this one? I am assuming which ever idiot played with the headunit had no idea what a knock link was and removed the cabling!!

Any advice please

Cheers

Ian
Old 16 July 2007, 09:55 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like its the boost pipe, most easist way to tap into the boost for the gauge is to 'T' off the small vacuum pipe coming off the dump valve like the picture below.

Yes you can tap the radio for power, thats what I've done for my Defi's and my car hasn't burst into flames yet which is surprising