Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Recaro seats in MY07 Sti?

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2007, 01:28 PM
MPC-GTR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro seats in MY07 Sti?

I've never really found the seats to be particularly supportive in the subarus I've owned and this is particularly the case with the MY07 A-line. They are comfy enough but I would prefer to be held in a bit tighter around the bends. I see that Litchfield imports will fit black recaros (the same as those from an Audi RS4 I think) to the Sti. These do feel snug, but they cost £700 per seat and I hesitated in ordering some when I got the car mainly because they don't match the half leather look of the rest of the interior.

Has anyone opted for these in their car or are there any other leather recaro like bucket seats available that people could recommend? (I don't intend going tracking often if at all)

I'd quite like to see any pictures of aftermarket seats which people have opted for

thanks
Old 09 August 2007, 01:54 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Hello,
I have been looking to change the factory seats as well as they are not supportive. I have put a Recaro Speed in my 205 and it is one of the best modifications I have done as you can feel exactly what the car is doing.
Do your seats have airbags? The Sti ones (without airbags) are tighter around the waist compared to the ones with airbags on my WRX.
I have been looking at the Recaro Sportster (slightly wider than the Speed) which is similar looking to the seats the RS4/R32 have but I don't want to order it unless I find a dealer that stocks them as I want to try it first (.: RECARO :.)
Could you post a picture of the seats Litchfield install?
I wonder if I replace my seats with Recaros that have no airbags, will the airbag light be permanently switched on?
Sorry, not of much help.