Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

cleaning your classic turbo seats

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2007, 04:56 PM
Joe will
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning your classic turbo seats

wat products and precegers work anyone know? all tips welcome!

put it in here as well as the genural topic move so fast

HELP PLEASE!!
Old 16 June 2007, 05:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I've used various things and various methods on seats, depending on the weather.
If it's dry and warm, and you have time, take them to a professional valeter, either in the car, or removed from it. That's what I did with some STi seats I got out of a scrapped car. they were quite mucky, but ended up looking like new. Cost me £20, money well spent

I've also used Mr Muscle Kitchen degreaser, the orange stuff, liberally sprayed on, worked in well with a small stiff nailbrush, (the stiffer, and the thinner the bristles, the better), then rinsed off with a clean cloth dipped in clean warm water, and rung out well, with many, many applications of the cloth. This also works wonders on dirty cloth doorcards. Those in my lad's saxo VTR came up almost like new.

Lastly, I've used both Autoglym, and a Screwfix upholstery cleaner, with mixed results from both.

As in anything, the results seem to be in direct proportion to the amount of time you spend rubbing, scrubbing and rinsing.

Alcazar
Old 20 June 2007, 01:46 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

yeh i got a valter to do mine with a wet vac and autoglym vleaner, came up really well, when u do them yourself u end up rubbing the dirt in deeper rather than getting it sucked out
Old 26 June 2007, 11:46 PM
cheekyron
Scooby Regular

I would agree with the lazy option of getting them valeted. I've tried all sorts of products on previous cars and nothing worked on stubbon stains (sounds like a commercial huh?) I paid £25 to a local company and they shampooed the whole interior, this would have taken ages with a brush and would never have brought my grubby seats back to life quite the same. Also a real stiff brush will bugger the material (the seats went bobbly in my MK4 golf).
Old 27 June 2007, 01:41 AM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

ive been using that new vanish foam that you leave to soak in and it literally lifts stains give it a try! I foind it awesome in the TT and the scooby especially good on dry mud stains on carpets