Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

MY01 Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2001, 08:58 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

I also had the sports seats, which are garbage. Had a long correspondence with Ed Swatman of Subaru UK about changing them. Won't go into the details here, but it was an eye opener.

How about:

Boy, do they grip you, especially on track days.

Supplied by ScoobySport, who are also doing some less radical options.

By the way, MY00 and prior buckets do NOT fit the MY01 - the subframes/mounts are different.

Subaru UK will NOT sell you MY01 buckets if your car originally had sports seats - been down this road. They check the chassis number/what the car was built with. Nor will a Dutch/Belgian dealer.

In any case, they are reputedly around £1400 EACH.....

[Edited by Dave T-S - 12/5/2001 8:41:22 AM]
Old 04 December 2001, 05:25 PM
simonma
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently got sports seats. I'm looking at upgrading the font seats to some more supportive solid leather seats and then covering door panels and rear seats.

So I have a number of options.

1. See if anyone has got some 2nd hand ones for sale
2. Buy Some new seats and get them professionally covered.
3. Buy the perfect seat.

Does anyone know the perfect seat or has anyone got a spanking interior?

Any feedcack appreciated!

Si

Old 10 December 2001, 11:51 AM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

The MY01 bucket seats are very good, but not in the same class as those offered by Scooby Sport. So, I guess that you will probably want to go with those.

In terms of getting the bucket seats, they are available in the USA apparently imported from Europe! The price there is $895. If anybody wants to get them via Subaru UK then I'm happy to act a middle man and claim they are for my car which has them fitted as original equipment. My guess is that Subaru UK is unwilling to sell them to replace the Sports Seats as they are not fitted with the side airbags. Incidently, fitting them will give you an airbag warning light unless you also obtain a device to trick the sensor into thinking the airbag is present.

Duncan
Old 10 December 2001, 01:10 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Duncan
The liability issue of removing the side airbags was one of the things with SUK - won't go into the whole boring story. Of course, the fact that they are a delete option, wagon's don't have them at all, nor does the UK300, nor does the STI7 UK - is irrelevant

They also refused to sell me the resistors to plug into the end of the loom to override the airbag light - but I found out who the manufacturer is so we are going direct......so to SUK
Old 21 December 2001, 06:01 PM
Anthony King
Scooby Regular

I kinda regret getting the sport seats. The're nicely adjustable and for day to day driving are pretty comfortable but on track or fast twisty roads I seem to spend a good proportion of my time with my **** sliding between the handbrake and the drivers door. The lateral support is crap.