Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Quick Question - What Bulbs does a '95 Import WRX take in the Dash?

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2006, 10:17 AM
speedy-
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quick Question - What Bulbs does a '95 Import WRX take in the Dash?

Hi all,

Just a quick question for you all, which I'm no doubt sure someone will know the answer to.

I have a '95 Jap import WRX (with from left to right, fuel guage, speedo, rev counter, temp) which came with an indiglo kit already fitted.

I wanted to put a couple of bulbs/Leds in there to aid illumination of the clock faces (as I believe there are two that shine down onto the fronts of the guages aren't there???)

but as I don't have any bulbs in there to go buy, I'm not sure which of these I would need to purchase, could someone give me a clue please? (also to save me tearing the dash down twice :-)

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/default.p...cf97d04b347f03

I would use the search function, but this seems to still be disabled and trawling through I can only find the sizes for 2002 style dashs.

Thanks for your help!

-Paul
Old 30 January 2006, 10:32 AM
speedy-
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think they're 10mm? But are they front of back lit?

Ok, just spoke to the chap from Ebay in the 'Blue Dash lights' thread and he seems to think I need 10mm Wedge type? BUT... he says that the bulbs only fit on the back of the instrument unit shining through, meaning that this won't be much use to me?

Is this true? As I saw a couple of posts on a US site leading me to believe that on a standard Impreza/Legacy of around this year the clocks/needles are front illuminated?