MY03 WRX dash trim removal

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2005, 11:37 AM
Muppet_No1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY03 WRX dash trim removal

Hi All,

I need to take out my scamera detector wiring harness/holder thingy which was hidden behind the dash trim (by the dealer) in order to send it back as it's developed a fault.
Anyone got instructions for doing this? I'm going to order one of those CD manuals (anyone got any recommendations for CD manuals for this model whilst we're on the topic).
I've found instructions for removing the clock housing widget, but I'm specifically interested in removing the vent trim right next to the windscreen - it looks like it just prises apart, but I don't wand to break anything trying that approach!

Thanks,
muppet
Old 23 May 2005, 08:29 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi muppet (well you asked for it)

I did a similar job on MY05 WRX after a tracker fitter left me with some problems.

If the 03 is the same as mine you need to remove the centre console before you try taking out the vent. This is the only safe way of doing it without leaving signs.

There was a really good set of instructions on the ICE forum detailing what order you take things off. I ended up taking the lot out and as long as youre careful and not in a hurry it isnt that much of a job.

Dont no where you are based but if you are any where near the North West i will try and help.

Cheers

Mickp