Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

wrx cloth v leather

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2004, 04:37 PM
Teed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx cloth v leather

doesnt seem like many people go for the leather option on the standard wrx ? is this because its slippy and doesnt hold you aswell ? the seats look better with the leather but my real question is.. weight.

the leather seats (not nesasarily heavy in their own right just because of trim) feature heating. are the leather seat considerably heavier than the cloth seats and by how much ?

i know when my bro retro fitted his leather seats (eletric posistioning) on his zetec s mondeo it made the car feel like it had put on another 40kg`s.

i like the leather option but i dont want to be pushing my 0-60 over the 6secs barrier.

((btw whats real 0-60 of wrx 04/05)

Thanks
Old 15 December 2004, 06:49 PM
powerman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It makes no difference to the performance,the WRX SL has heated leather seats,electric sunroof and a rear seat center arm rest which will fold down to allow long items to be put in the boot..not on the cloth WRX...maybe it may be something to do with extra £1500 quid extra that puts people off only a thought
P.S i have SL and the seats are brilliant when warmed up and easy to clean any skidmarks off after a spirited drive..powerman
Old 15 December 2004, 08:19 PM
Teed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman
It makes no difference to the performance,the WRX SL has heated leather seats,electric sunroof and a rear seat center arm rest which will fold down to allow long items to be put in the boot..not on the cloth WRX...maybe it may be something to do with extra £1500 quid extra that puts people off only a thought
P.S i have SL and the seats are brilliant when warmed up and easy to clean any skidmarks off after a spirited drive..powerman
hehe skidmarks lol.

sunroofs are a bit pointless now climate control is out. spose you can gaze up in wonder at the stars fully reclined in those comfy leather seats whilst getting some nosh from your chick who just digs scoobys with sunroofs.