Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2000, 11:14 AM
DBDOM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I dont know about everyone else but i seem to have loads of rattles in my MY99, but the most annoying is the rattle from the passenger electric windows switch. Has anyone got any cures and are these rattles covered by the warranty?

Dom
Old 07 August 2000, 11:32 AM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Hi DBDOM,

The switch assembly is just clipped in. Get your nails under the forward most part of the assembly (the pointed end), lift and at the same time pull back towards the seat belt. There is a clip which may spring loose so watch where it lands!! Tighten the screw that you see as that is one of the fixing points for the whole panel.

Other than that I cannot imagine what it could be in that area. One thing I have found in my quest to illiminate rattles is that it is never coming from quite where you think it is. In fact I suspect your problem is deeper inside the door as there is nothing much to rattle in this area.

Removing the whole panel is easy if you need to. I can do it in 5 minutes. Try a search on here as many including myself have posted information on rattles. Also see the SIDC FAQ for the panel removing procedure.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Otis.
Old 07 August 2000, 05:00 PM
xyzpaul
Scooby Regular

I had a bad rattle fixed under warranty. I don't know if they will chase smaller ones though...
Old 09 August 2000, 03:30 PM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

3 out of my 4 doors have rattles, one which is very bad (rear passenger stops if you press firmly), the rear speakers also rattle. In fact I have about 8 separate rattles from various areas of the car. It is the worst car that I have ever had for this type of problem and each time I seem to try and find them more start. Considering that my last car was a BX turbo diesel 10 years old and 150,000 miles you can imagine how bad this car must be to be worse that that.

Brendan MY99, Love the car hate the rattles.
Old 09 August 2000, 09:07 PM
SimonM
Scooby Regular

Rattles and squeeks give the car it's character... just like the flat four burble