Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Front Speakers MY95 ??

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2000, 01:52 PM
Ian Waller
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to be a pain, the front speaker installation guide on the SIDC FAQ, does that cover the MY95
Am I correct in thinking that the door panels changed some time (MY97??) to have tweeters and woofers?

I have got a Kenwood PSR-70P component kit, these use 17cm drivers and I am wondering if these will fit. As per other posts, I am going to mount the tweeters on the back of the door mirrors.

Ian
STi II
Old 24 July 2000, 02:11 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The door trim is very easy to remove, it'll take you no more than 15 minutes to check if your driver will fit.

I used these instructions the first time I did mine.
Old 24 July 2000, 05:44 PM
Milky
Scooby Regular

I've just replaced my front's (MY96) with JBL components. The standard speaker size if 6.5 inch, and most will fit as a direct replacement. Obviously you'll have to change the speaker connectors.
I also fitted the tweeters to the door mirror plastic, but am very disappointed.
Compared to dashboard mounted, i.e. far left and far right, the mirror mounting doesn't sound that good.
The sound stage is all over the place.

Mounting them on the dashboard will require you to feed the tweeter wires through the pipe between the doors. Access to this is very limited, and why I mounted the tweeters on the mirrors. If you can do it, I think you'll find them better.

If the STi II has a similar door, which I think it has. All you need to do is remove the screw in the door handle. Remove the plastic cover behind the door opener, and the trim should clip away from the door. I've found it best to start at the far bottom side (i.e. furthest away from the bonnet).

Darren.